Certificado de Domicilio 2022

jaimito

Registered
Hey everybody, I was wondering if anyone has gotten their certificado de domicilio recently. it seems to be different than before where you just show up at the police station. Now it asks to to make an appointment online and present 2 witnesses (a challenge during workdays). Has anyone done this recently?

I encountered some confusion about this late last year.

There's the one the city does via the registro civil, and the one the police does. The police one is much faster, and last time I did it (Nov 2021) I went to the comisaria in my barrio and they cop was like "Is your address the same as your DNI?" (I was getting it for my citizenship) and I was like "Yup!" she's like, "OK, cool, easier for all of us." and just filled it out on the spot and gave it to me, no waiting. Normally they come to your apt the same week and buzz you and you go down and they give it to you.

I went to my local police comisaria with my passport just this morning and a printout of my healthcare insurance bill that shows the address where I've been living. They asked what it'd be used for, which was migraciones...and filled it out and gave it to me on the spot. A signed lease or any utility in your name would likely suffice. Otherwise, I believe you would still just wait for them to come hand deliver it and ensure you live at the address you provided.

Thanks for the input guys! I ended up just going to the police station and it was that easy. I was confused because of a City website which instructed extranjeros sin DNI to do otherwise.

Back