Certificado Medico for the Gym

syngirl

Registered
My gym must have been audited or something... after 3 years they've suddenly asked for a Certificado Medico -- they want it by this Friday or they're banning you from the gym... unfortunately my doctor has no appointments this week -- does anyone know of a clinic (preferably in Belgrano) where I could walk in and get one? I have OSDE so I'd prefer somewhere public or that takes them.

cheers

Did you ask your gym if they have a doctor on site to perform such checkups? I'm not sure which gym it is, but some of the bigger ones will charge you a small fee for getting the certificado done right there. Either way, one week sounds a bit harsh. Perhaps if you explain that your doctor has no availability this week they can work with you.

Ha! Their "small fee" is 50 pesos -- I'm already spending 420 pesos a month n OSDE, why would I pay for a certificado?

Does anyone know of any clinic where I can go to get one out?

Thanks

syngirl said:
Ha! Their "small fee" is 50 pesos -- I'm already spending 420 pesos a month n OSDE, why would I pay for a certificado?

Thanks
You can try to do it porteño style: that is call OSDE and get a doctor to visit you at home ( explain you have a sore throat or similar ), with doctor on site, after he checks the usual, just ask him if he can help you out, and you most likely will have the certificado ready to go ( beware that some drs. are not cool and will tell you to go somewhere else and will preach out, but it is not the most common spec ) This would make sense if you do not have to pay for Dr. visits with your OSDE plan ;)

I am having the same problem, I think all gyms now require a physical. I just paid 150 pesos for a consultation, and now I have to get exams, the exams add up to 800 pesos! The most expensive is the electrocardiogram, the doctor said she needs to see them before she signs my physical! 50 pesos is a bargain.

syngirl said:

Thanks

Back