CFK and ÉL

Doing the same thing Juan peron did with the Image of Eva Peron . To the point that there was an efort to cannonise her.
It sells . It sells because argentines are a superstious bunch. The cult of personality is something that always sold here in argentina.

I too think she is playing on the superstition as in most of her stump speeches, she always says something along the lines of ¨I can feel him here with us right now at this moment¨ ---Usually responded to by a chorus of oohs and ahs.

But also you are right, it is clearly working, the ones who love her not only respect her as a politician, but look to her as if she were the messiah of Argentina. She is clearly seen more like a Mother Teresa than a Hilary Clinton, and some of these people would drink her bath water in order to keep their social plans.

To me it´s not a question of left or right, it´s a matter of practicing what you preach. She talks a big talk about the evils of imported goods, made in Argentina is best, and how its important to keep your assets in Argentina and in Pesos, yet struts around in imported clothing and jewelry, drives a European made car (her daughter also), sends her kid to NYU and has her bunking at the lavish Kirchner Upper East Side Manhattan penthouse, while keeping accounts in USD.

It´s like getting a chain smoker to endorse a cancer charity.

YanquiGallego said:
It´s like getting a chain smoker to endorse a cancer charity.

or having an AA meeting in a liquor store, or a weight-loss seminar in a pastry shop.

YanquiGallego said:
...but look to her as if she were the messiah of Argentina. She is clearly seen more like a Mother Teresa than a Hilary Clinton,..

Boy that reminds me of another "messiah" north of here. GRRREEEATT!!

We are totally F***ed!

To me it´s not a question of left or right, it´s a matter of practicing what you preach. She talks a big talk about the evils of imported goods, made in Argentina is best, and how its important to keep your assets in Argentina and in Pesos, yet struts around in imported clothing and jewelry, drives a European made car (her daughter also), sends her kid to NYU and has her bunking at the lavish Kirchner Upper East Side Manhattan penthouse, while keeping accounts in USD.

well said...God what wouldnt I pay see a serious interviewer ask her questions on how her lifestyle contradicts her speech TV?

FreddyGdiP said:
This si probably the worst administration the argentineans have had since Peron´s second term.

Worse than Menem or De la Rua....... hey that's a VERY BIG CLAIM. you should check out some recent history mate. The country exploded with those presidents. You have no idea, or you only just landed here dude.

Proyecto X.

Don't let this put you off posting your thoughts on this thread :)

What is 'Proyecto X'? It's the new K government spy unit against anyone who opposes their rule.
They are using the gendarmeria to set up a spying network against argentine citizens who are seen as an anti K threat.

There has been an urgent call from the oppositon for Nilda Garre to make a public statement after the shocking discovery of this new K government spying unit.

So much for santa Kretina's human rights cuentito!

Just sit back & watch the Ks quickly look for a scapegoat & try to pin it on some sub-official in the force.
http://www.buenosairesherald.com/article/93030/govt-rejects-espionage-accusations
http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1449244-que-es-el-proyecto-x-de-espionaje
http://tn.com.ar/politica/00082885/proyecto-x-silencio-oficial-y-pedidos-de-la-oposicion

Most of us think highly of Nestor, and more think highly of CFK, and that is reflected in the polls. No secret about that. Se can use "El" for many more years, I don´t care. The thing is that she really loved the guy, I wish I had that kind of connection with somebody. This is a couple that did everything together, including reaching the highest civil positions in this country. I would not be surprised if at the end of the K era they are regarded in better terms than Peron (not Evita, she is the Saint of this country).

Back