Cfk Orgullosa: Argentina Es El País Que Más Consume Gaseosa!

Idois

Registered
http://www.elcolombiano.com/internacional/america-latina/cristina-fernandez-orgullosa-porque-argentina-es-el-pais-que-mas-consume-gaseosa-NB1366942

That's why she has so much gas coming out of her head!
Maybe she''ll go into a sugar overdose!

And here I thought that it was going to be some good manipulation of what she said... But no.

Wow. And did you see all that applauding?? The only one who was like, "Why the f*!k am I here?" is Scioli. Poor guy.

So, Coca Cola consumption should be a measure of wealth. That's interesting. It goes hand-in-hand with previous statements that mostly rich fat cats have diabetes: https://www.youtube....h?v=mm6G6RS880k

To put it all into context: http://www.npr.org/2015/02/27/389454376/using-a-can-of-coke-to-explain-a-currency-lesson

Is Argentina bucking a trend, then?

So, Coca Cola consumption should be a measure of wealth. That's interesting. It goes hand-in-hand with previous statements that mostly rich fat cats have diabetes: https://www.youtube....h?v=mm6G6RS880k

Actually, she has a point. During the 2001 crisis, one of the things I remember is that poor families (more than the half of the country, so thats a lot of people) started to consume alternatives brands of Colas such as Pretty, Cola Norte, Freshy and a long, long etcetera (there are more than 20!). Pymes, argentine Pymes that produced sodas and sold it half the price of Coca Cola. In fact, the Coca Cola was the first thing lots of families cut off due austerity. And one of the first things they picked up with the recovery.

That is exactly what she's saying, that there has been a recovery from 2003.

Actually, she has a point. During the 2001 crisis, one of the things I remember is that poor families (more than the half of the country, so thats a lot of people) started to consume alternatives brands of Colas such a Pretty, Cola Norte, Freshy and a long, long etcetera (there are more than 20!). Pymes, argentine Pymes that produced sodas and sold it half the price of Coca Cola. In fact, the Coca Cola was the first thing lots of families cut off due austerity. And one of the first things they pick up with the recovery.

It's a particularly inane comment on her part. The government and public health authorities should be doing everything possible to wean poor people off toxic substances like Coca Cola.

This can't be right. This means that Argentines consume on average 11.4 liters of soda per month (that is EACH PERSON). Where are they drinking this much soda that I am not seeing it? I see people drinking mate on the plazas, not coca-cola.

This can't be right. This means that Argentines consume on average 11.4 liters of soda per month (that is EACH PERSON). Where are they drinking this much soda that I am not seeing it? I see people drinking mate on the plazas, not coca-cola.

I totally belive it. Every argentine asado I go to seems to feature about 10 2.5l bottles of soda. In lots of parts of the country restaurants will take a 3l returnable bottle of coke out to the table.

I rarely buy coke but everytime I do it seems to be because the kiosko/gas station/grocery store I'm at doesn't have Agua fria but has a fridge full of soda.

Actually, she has a point. During the 2001 crisis, one of the things I remember is that poor families (more than the half of the country, so thats a lot of people) started to consume alternatives brands of Colas such as Pretty, Cola Norte, Freshy and a long, long etcetera (there are more than 20!). Pymes, argentine Pymes that produced sodas and sold it half the price of Coca Cola. In fact, the Coca Cola was the first thing lots of families cut off due austerity. And one of the first things they picked up with the recovery.

What? Are you seriously going to defend this absurdity? Increased Coca Cola consumption is indicative of an economic recovery?

These are very low standards...

Back