Cfk, The Pope And The Letter...

Canick

Registered
a good chuckle brought to you by CFK and the guy who writes the "friday round up."

http://thebubble.com...ad-all-weekend/

a sneak preview:

"I told them “I’m not signing that”.- If this is what we’re sending him, then just keep doing what you’ve been doing until now.- So I took the liberty of writing you a letter (I agreed to address you as Your Holiness bla, bla ,bla, because we shouldn’t just say no to everything.) "

hope you enjoy
n

By the way she expreses herself you can tell that she's a very [sub]self proclaimed[/sub] successful lawyer. Her formal education shows.

1. I read it as an informal letter between two people who are familiar with each other.
2. Yes, she has many mistakes.
3. Mistakes are OK for Twitter, unless you accidentally post a photo of your lover, or your genitals - or both.
4. A serious President would never send an official letter in this form.
5. I understand that there is much animosity between these two and suspect that the casualness of the letter is a way to dismiss the Pope without making it look obvious.
6. Enough about me ... what about you? What do you think of me?

This Pope dislikes formality so he may not be offended by the absurdly casual style but it's true that there is animosity between the two. The Pope sees himself as champion of the poor and deeply resents the corruption of the CFK administration. Then there are the issues of same sex marriage which he abhors and abortion which Cristina wants to legalize, blah, blah, blah.....as charming Cristina would say....

I'm no fan of CFK, but I find it rather unfair that she gets butchered by the local press for failing to uphold protocol. That same press that lauds Francisco for his informal approach to holding papal office.

True, the press are hypocritical, unfair and rarely unbiased but correspondence between positions such as the president and the pope should follow protocol.

Notice the letterhead? It's from a position, the president, held by Christina so shouldn't it be more respectful of her own title and that of the pope?

I'm no fan of CFK, but I find it rather unfair that she gets butchered by the local press for failing to uphold protocol. That same press that lauds Francisco for his informal approach to holding papal office.

She's not getting butchered for breaking protocol, she's getting butchered because she can't spell and because the content of her letter is absurdly stupid.

Back