Changes I Want To See With The New President

Seriously, do you have a problem understanding Spanish, or are you just so anti-Macri you didn't bother to listen to anything but "kill them" and "Macri" in the clip? Macri suggested nothing of the kind: Nelson Castro asked if killing them was the solution and Macri said no. I try to be respectful of other's opinions but this is waaay over the top. Why would you post such obvious crap?

You're right, completely over the top.

That video was ridiculous. The announcer suggested prison was not the manner in which these crimes should be punished and thereby avoided, rather the reason that these poor, mistreated delinquents have to turn to such crimes should be investigated and resolved instead, thereby removing the reasons these misunderstood idiots should commit the crimes in the first place (which, in and of itself, is not a bad idea anyway). Macri was replying tongue-in-cheek, asking what was Castro suggesting, they should kill them [instead of put them in prison]? And of course, then that is what they left the video with at the end, Macri's quote, cutting off Macri's further statements in the middle, comments which may have actually suggested how things can be resolved (which almost certainly must include prison for those who steal and kill, no matter the reason - they are humans who have the ability to choose their path in life - they are responsible for their actions and I know many, many poor people, who don't rob and kill to get by), in a horrible attempt to make it seem like that was what Macri was suggesting.

And so many people buy that!

It does indeed show how blind people like Matias are when it comes to not actually listening to what's said, and the context within which it is said. Let's not even think about the fact that poverty was in no way reduced significantly by Cristina's reign (no matter that she had the poverty level changed to make it look like it was - less poverty than Germany jajajajajajajajajaja) and poverty and sympathy from the government to those who commit crimes are indeed the causes.

Cristina was in no way on the path to removing either of those causes from this society and apparently didn't think these people should be in prison either.

But gee guys, let's not let reality get in the way of Kirchnerism, right?

Ries let's see in a couple of years. I wonder if the same that are happy today about Macri winning will then be complaining about him.

Personally, I know there's going to be a lot of adjustments that have to be made. I know they're not going to be easy on Argentinos themselves, and it will probably impact us expats as well. Although I have to say that our impact (those who earn in, or have, dollars) will likely be orders of magnitude less than the impact to Argentinos or expats who earn in local currency.

But if Macri is actually trying to fix things, I'm willing to accept hardship if there is a real light at the end of the tunnel and not just a bunch of naive idealists, separated from reality, holding up a candle at the end of the tunnel to make it look like the sun, and therefore an actual exit.

But yeah, I think many Agentinos are going to bitch and rail and what's about to come. Assuming Macri can get the agreement from all he needs in order to accomplish anything. That's the other side of the coin - how much is the opposition going to do to ensure Macri cannot make the changes that he sees necessary?

If Macri fails due to that, it will not be an indictment of his policies, but rather a continued indictment of the current majority in congress, for example, although too many here won't see it that way.

Ries let's see in a couple of years. I wonder if the same that are happy today about Macri winning will then be complaining about him.

We'll see. People that I know who voted for Macri didn't vote for him because he will be better for them for some personal reason (because he won't be, the quilombo created by Cristina was pretty awesome for them). They voted for him hoping the country would get at least a little bit saner. And they did so knowing they'd have to tighten their belts and make some sacrifices.

I know for a fact that they'd be complaining pretty soon if Macri turns out to be no different than CFK and if the situation in the country doesn't get better at all. I have yet to come across someone who voted for Macri for purely personal gain (not saying there aren't any such people, just don't personally know any). Everyone is just sick and tired of all the lying, and the divisiveness in the country.

Oh and by getting better no one thinks we're going to be Switzerland because Macri. People know the country is effed, they want to be told like adults that its effed and what the heck the government is going to do to fix it, in the long run and the short, and what the heck people have to do to make it better (the government can't solve anything if the people don't give a crap either); as opposed to the the K administration where the rhetoric was that everything was rosy and apparently Germans are even jealous of economic achievements of Argentina because when you think all's rosy, there's really no need to make anything better anyway.

I just know that IF (and its a big IF) Macri can actually pull of some of the things he proposes, It will affect me both positively and negatively.

He is talking about devaluing the peso exchange rate til the official rate is the same as the blue, for example.
Personally, since I earn in dollars, I will be paying more for things if this happens.
And while its not exactly inflation, if he does this, many things will go up in price.
So the average argentine who earns in pesos will be hit hard too.

Similarly, if he manages to remove export taxes, then Industria Argentina should prosper, as they could actually export.
But if he lowers import taxes (or makes importing possible at all) cheap chinese crap will undercut Industria Argentina.
So- will it vanish, or do better?

There are equal unknowns about the deal with the vulture funds, about interest rates if he manages to allow Argentina to borrow internationally, and so on.

And my electric bill will go up- the subsidy is ridiculous, and I have no problem paying more- but many people just dont have the money to pay higher electric bills- another double edged sword.

Matias, your silence is deafening.

"Oops, I hadn't listened well to the clip" is a response. "Oops, someone just forwarded me this saying that Macri suggested that" is another. Whatever.

But to drop shit - completely false if you spent literally 10 seconds on the subject - as if this forum is a BA sidewalk, and then run off with your tail between your legs - only to pop up and spout more shit elsewhere later on - makes you cross the line from a nice guy with wacky opinions to a confirmed shill.

It's not even about the K's. It's about you. Unless you stipulate that all the K's are like you.

Matias, your silence is deafening.

"Oops, I hadn't listened well to the clip" is a response. "Oops, someone just forwarded me this saying that Macri suggested that" is another. Whatever.

But to drop shit - completely false if you spent literally 10 seconds on the subject - as if this forum is a BA sidewalk, and then run off with your tail between your legs - only to pop up and spout more shit elsewhere later on - makes you cross the line from a nice guy with wacky opinions to a confirmed shill.

It's not even about the K's. It's about you. Unless you stipulate that all the K's are like you.

Breathe Ben, breathe. You expect way too much from Matias.

PS: He's going to be unemployed starting Dec 10th, maybe we should be a little kinder to him.

Breathe Ben, breathe. You expect way too much from Matias.

PS: He's going to be unemployed starting Dec 10th, maybe we should be a little kinder to him.

Well he can always fall back on one of the left over K social programs for the non workers. Atleast until Macri hopefully cuts him off from that too. Oh no he might have to really work for living finally, how dreadful.

Back