Changes I Want To See With The New President

For a start press conferences with competent and prepared people. You know, that you get the filling people know what they are doing...

Yes!

On the other hand, I cannot help but thinking what a setback we have suffered that we are grateful for press conferences... This is like ending up a violent relationship and being happy because the next guy does not beat you.

It is kind of sad to think that it all came down to respect vs. bullying. No room for politics or for bigger ideas.

En fin.

More transparency.

Statistics that are true. Be brave enough to publish the raw data and the stats won`t be so easy to be manipulated. And if the govt and the people know what`s actually going on, decisions as to where to funnel the money should both be easier to take and easier to understand -- the people may not be happy with where the money gets spent, that`s not something to be guaranteed whatsoever, but at least there can be a solid foundation and argument for why projects are created or shut down.

Less cronyism. Qunita was one of the most ludicrous deals as of late. If the govt is going to have PPPs, that there be proper oversight and no conflicts of interest or cronyism involved in the contracts. This is completely impossible I know, but Cris & Co were just brazenly flouting their nepotism by the end.

Get rid of Vanoli. And Rossi`s daughter.

Clean out the halls of the Indec, the AFIP.

About my own personal situation, you know what, I don`t care about my bank account and ATM access and all that crap. I care about a government clean-up. The trials and tribulations of being an expat are little compared to the crap that`s been pulled over on the average citizen here in the last few years.

As a mum to 3 kids, my letter to Santa starts with stability. First and foremost with inflation. Food, medical insurance and school prices stop rising continuously. Secondly, with crime. My son is getting to the age of heading out by himself, I want to be able to feel that he's safe.
Next on the list would be to better the situation in the provinces, water / electricity for everyone, jobs formed by these factories that Macri says he's going to start up for food processing....
Last but not least, I want that all pervading atmosphere of nastiness, "them against us", and anxiety to disappear. It was never necessary for all that hatred, and was debilitating to live with.

About my own personal situation, you know what, I don`t care about my bank account and ATM access and all that crap. I care about a government clean-up. The trials and tribulations of being an expat are little compared to the crap that`s been pulled over on the average citizen here in the last few years.

AMEN, Syngirl!

Has anyone tried to work out the cost of having 100 peso notes?

The introduction of 500 and 1000 peso notes will save a lot of time in banks and most retail outlets.

Last week I went to Banoc Nacion to pay a 40,000 peso bill for my mother in law . The note counting machine was brohen . It took for ever

More or less what everyone else has said and an end to all the nastiness.
To know that one can criticise and question the government when necessary, without having the dogs set on us.
Less us and them, as Macri has stated many times.
Transparency.
Oh and to be able to receive a red cross parcel from my family abroad without worrying that it will drive us crazy even thinking about it.

Has anyone tried to work out the cost of having 100 peso notes?

The introduction of 500 and 1000 peso notes will save a lot of time in banks and most retail outlets.

Last week I went to Banoc Nacion to pay a 40,000 peso bill for my mother in law . The note counting machine was brohen . It took for ever
Actually it can get worse ... Have you tried to pay a car in cash?

Back