Changing From Work Visa To Rentista

pitipur

Registered
Hey all, so as it looks like Im going to be staying for a while but not with my current job, I'm looking to apply for a rentista visa as I have a house that I rent in the states that should cover the requirements. I understand that there seems to be lots of speculation that the min requirement for the rentista visa is possibly going to double (and also that this is nothing more than speculation at this point) and am interested in starting the process sooner than later to evade this if it happens. However, my current work visa/DNI is valid until November, so there is no rush other than the possible increase in the $$ requirements.

Wondering if anyone has any experience going from 1 type of visa to another. I'm assuming that since it is a totally separate visa, I will have to start the process at square 1 just like a new visa, but I'm wondering if I can initiate the process now even though I currently have another visa valid until November.

Another consideration is that I currently have a bank account so Id like to take advantage of that as well. It seems that Ive heard some people in a catch22 bc they needed a bank account to apply for the rentista but they couldnt get one until they received their DNI. BUT the big question is, is there any restriction on starting a process for a new visa if I already hold a non-tourist visa in another category? And I'm also assuming that my current visa has no bearing on my new one, aka is there a way to renew the visa but change categories, or do I have to apply and start from the beginning as I suspect?

Back