Cheapest time for a visit

SingForAbsolution

Registered
Hey everyone. I'm wondering when the cheapest time would be to visit BA between now and June, and what I could expect to pay for a round trip ticket coming from the US during that time?

Thanks in advance.

Cheapest tix I've seen in the past few years have been around $850. Prices go up to $1500 at peak travel times, esp around the holidays.

Have you ever thought about checking the airline sites to get the exact fares? You might also check Expedia and Orbitz (not for American Airelines fares) and other airline ticket sellers.
Keep in mind...February-hot, June-cold.

I just got back from Argentina on Christmas Day. I was actually enjoying the heat and didn't want to leave..

Anyway, I'm looking at possibly going back for a quick visit in early March to visit my girlfriend there. I understand that prices are most expensive in summer/winter. Do you guys think by then the prices will have dropped a little bit from summertime prices? Has anyone travelled in March?

Do you guys think by then the prices will have dropped a little bit from summertime prices? Has anyone travelled in March?

I flew MIA-EZE-MIA in March 2010. My ticket, which I'd booked in January, was $950 on Aerolineas. It was actually a bit more expensive than my Christmas 2009 ticket, which had been $800 on Avianca. But since then, prices have only been going up, so I'd say just buy something and be done with it -- don't wait around hoping for prices to drop by a couple hundred bucks, because they likely won't.

SingForAbsolution said:
Hey everyone. I'm wondering when the cheapest time would be to visit BA between now and June, and what I could expect to pay for a round trip ticket coming from the US during that time?

Thanks in advance.
A good place to search: http://tv2.en.momondo.com/Default.aspx

Prices are usually at their best some 9 to 5 weeks before departure - keep tab on the prices and when they are beginning to go up, buy.

The last ticket I booked for a friend from SFO to EZE a couple of days ago was $542 roundtrip, the best I have ever seeing is around $250 in summer 09 when Mexicana had a mistake fair out there for a few weeks.

General rules: book 8 - 9 weeks in advance, on Tuesday around noon, travel on Tuesdays, travel in March, late October, first half of November - these are off-season months but weather in BsAs is comfortable. Good luck!!

Greg2231 said:
The last ticket I booked for a friend from SFO to EZE a couple of days ago was $542 roundtrip, the best I have ever seeing is around $250 in summer 09 when Mexicana had a mistake fair out there for a few weeks.

$542!??? That's extremely cheap! Which airline is this, might I ask?

SingForAbsolution said:
$542!??? That's extremely cheap! Which airline is this, might I ask?
It was mix of Continental and united, actually it has gone down in the last few days just a little it is booking out at $520 now, though in order to get that price you have to add a 3x to dump the YQ. Here is a thread that is all about tricking air fares in order to get the best price, it is rather long but if you get the hang of it you can save a lot of money.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mile...-negotiate-special-savings-lounge-thread.html

Back