Cheapest Way To Get To Santiago Chile

naty

Registered
Hola Expats,

Anyone here been to Santiago Chile? I am planning a trip but I would like to know you experience in Santiago, what you recommend seeing and if its a good place to visit. If not Santiago where do you recommend visiting ?

Thank you :)

The cheapest way is to take the train to rosario or provincia de cordoba and there a long distance bus, or directly a long distance bus from buenos aires. It take some 15 to 18 hours buenos aires to mendoza. Better is if you take a bus to mendoza and there for the same price choose a seat at the front of the bus, on your right, so you will enjoy a better sight and the mountains too while crossing the Andes mountains. Once in Santiago de Chile, go to visit Valparaiso, easy to get there with public transportation, also to Viña del Mar. Few kilometers to the south of Valparaiso, Isla Negra and one of Neruda´s houses. There are many wonderful places in Chile, from the south up to the north.

I would choose CATA Internacional, coche cama on the right single aisle for Retiro Mendoza 14 hours..? then 6 hours to Santiago.
. $1,551 for 20 hour trip.

http://www.plataforma10.com/ar/Servicios#buscar/10/426/15-01-2016/22-01-2016

Anyone here been to Santiago Chile? I am planning a trip but I would like to know you experience in Santiago, what you recommend seeing and if its a good place to visit. If not Santiago where do you recommend visiting ?

Santiago is a great place to visit. I drive there almost every month. I usually stay in the Providencia or Las Condes area. Both pretty safe. Providencia has more to offer in terms of night live, though.

What to recommend depends on your interests. There lots of of museums all across Santiago that are worth visiting. If you like parks then the Cerro Santa Lucía right in the downtown may be a good place to start. For shopping I recommend Mall Parque Aurauco and the Mall Costanera Center with the Sky Costanera observatory (highest in South America).

Better is if you take a bus to mendoza and there for the same price choose a seat at the front of the bus, on your right, so you will enjoy a better sight and the mountains too while crossing the Andes mountains.

Actually from Mendoza to Santiago you have the better view on the left. From Santiago to Mendoza on the right.

Actually from Mendoza to Santiago you have the better view on the left. From Santiago to Mendoza on the right.

The jeft hand side of the bus going down the cliffs is not for the faint of heart....!!

We wanted to fly( take a tour inclusive with airticket) but apparently tourists don't get the same prices as residents , is there a way to get around this ?

Back