Chinese And Mexican Food

We can beat this dead cat again ...

I have yet to find really good Chinese food here - not even in Barrio Chino. There were at least 10 great restaurants in Philly that had superior Chinese food and probably 30 in San Diego (to give my reference points). We won't even get started on Russian, Polish, Italian, German, Japanese, Thai, etc, etc.

The same goes for Mexican food. I've tried almost all of the taco joints in Palermo Soho and Hollywood. I would rate them so-so. If you've just got to get Mexican then they'll pass for the moment. There is a place on Cabildo about 1400 or so called Molé. It passes for edible Mexican but just the molé.

There is A LOT I love about Buenos Aires. One of it's significant drawbacks is the lack of latitude in the palate and food options. I don't even bother to offer my Argentine friends something as benign as black pepper, god forbid!
A B S O L U T E L Y .... couldn't agree with you more .... 100%.
Sigh of relief .... finally I know I'm not the only one.
They refuse any thing that have taste.

A B S O L U T E L Y .... couldn't agree with you more .... 100%.
Sigh of relief .... finally I know I'm not the only one.
They refuse any thing that have taste.

I'm with you guys. For this reason alone, I'd say fabrica was my favorite, because that salsa made me sweat, and that's a rarity around here. Other delicious, extremely hot flavors I've found: the buffalo wings at casa bar (pretty sure its just straight up franks red hot), and not sure the name, but the place by my apartment for empanadas has a carne a cuchilla muy caliente empanada, and they are rrrrreee caliente. also the fukuro noodle bar has a delicious hot sauce to go in their noodles that is also satisfyingly hot and goes perfectly with the food.

I'm dismayed to hear that Panda Express and PF Chang qualify for Chinese food! :) but if that is your bar, then pretty much any restaurant in Barrio Chino will meet your need.

For all the Chinese foodies -- I have yet to experience any WOW Chinese food here in BA (other than home cooked by Chinese friends). There's not even a dim-sum place. Some "OK" experiences were had at China Rose (also in Barrio Chino) and Duo Fu (http://www.guiaoleo....es/Duo-Fu-13472), but not really something to brag home about. Heard good things about "Lai Lai" (Barrio Chino) but have not tried it yet.
Ive tried Chinese food at about a million places in Los Angeles and Panda Express and PF Changs is my favorite, I know I know, its AmeriChinese but its delicious, and the orange chciken at the Cheese Cake Factory is bangin too...

Ive tried Chinese food at about a million places in Los Angeles and Panda Express and PF Changs is my favorite, I know I know, its AmeriChinese but its delicious, and the orange chciken at the Cheese Cake Factory is bangin too...

Americhinese is the kind of Chinese food we're after... not authentic food like you find in the diverse provinces of China! (although if they were serving something direct like that here we probably wouldn't notice anyway!)

Mexican restaurants mostly suck - order Pancho Villa Tortillas and make your own - http://www.tortillapanchovilla.com.ar/
I agree that Fabrica and La Adorada are prob the best out of the mediocre to poor bunch.

As for Chinese food, Hong Kong Style, counter at Asia Oriental supermarket, Shi Yuan, Bai Fu, Original, Shan Dong all better than most Chinese restaurants. Here's an article on Guia Oleo blog (click on Brit flag for English translation) on a rundown of best Chinese restaurants: http://dixit.guiaoleo.com.ar/autentica-comida-china/

Mexican restaurants mostly suck - order Pancho Villa Tortillas and make your own - http://www.tortillapanchovilla.com.ar/
I agree that Fabrica and La Adorada are prob the best out of the mediocre to poor bunch.

As for Chinese food, Hong Kong Style, counter at Asia Oriental supermarket, Shi Yuan, Bai Fu, Original, Shan Dong all better than most Chinese restaurants. Here's an article on Guia Oleo blog (click on Brit flag for English translation) on a rundown of best Chinese restaurants: http://dixit.guiaole...a-comida-china/
awesome links there bro, does the tortilla place have a location or is it only delivery? great info there on the Chinese food also, too bad they dont have the addresses.

sure wish you guys had a Costco nearby.....amazing quality and all the selections one could imagine. i have a really guilty feeling every time a pass by a Dr Pepper display and think of my friend GS...makes me want to bring down a case to him!
I love Mexico for the for lots of reasons but access to quality food is very important to me....we did an Alaska King Crab night recently to die for!

sure wish you guys had a Costco nearby.....amazing quality and all the selections one could imagine. i have a really guilty feeling every time a pass by a Dr Pepper display and think of my friend GS...makes me want to bring down a case to him!
I love Mexico for the for lots of reasons but access to quality food is very important to me....we did an Alaska King Crab night recently to die for!

Where are you?

Back