Chinese And Mexican Food

As for Chinese food, Hong Kong Style, counter at Asia Oriental supermarket, Shi Yuan, Bai Fu, Original, Shan Dong all better than most Chinese restaurants. Here's an article on Guia Oleo blog (click on Brit flag for English translation) on a rundown of best Chinese restaurants: http://dixit.guiaole...a-comida-china/

Awesome - will try them out.

Just last night we attended a chinese banquet at JingCheng restaurant and it made us feel like we were in a restaurant in rural China. It seems like this is where the chinese folks (who have the supermercados) go to eat when they go out. It's full of Chinese people with their smoking, beer drinking, and loud chatting -- not your sanitized Hong Kong version of a restaurant. It was pretty good food and you will find authentic dishes (though some plates may be strange to Western tastes) if you are looking for those.

JingCheng restaurant - Av. medrano 472. Phone: 4982-6498

Just last night we attended a chinese banquet at JingCheng restaurant and it made us feel like we were in a restaurant in rural China. It seems like this is where the chinese folks (who have the supermercados) go to eat when they go out. It's full of Chinese people with their smoking, beer drinking, and loud chatting -- not your sanitized Hong Kong version of a restaurant. It was pretty good food and you will find authentic dishes (though some plates may be strange to Western tastes) if you are looking for those.

So, they're ignoring the tobacco law, then. I prefer to be able to breathe during my meals.

This description was right up my street so i thought i´d check this joint out, only to find out its some sort of `private club´ exclusive to the chinese; at least so i was told.

Back