Christina Kirchners speech is a inspiration

SaraSara said:
I agree that the Ks are not politicians. What they are is small-town thugs - masters at corruption, intimidation, and back-room deals. They are incapable of thinking beyond the next week, or the next kickback.

However, I must admit that they have achieved the impossible: uniting the Argentinians. They all despise them: right wingers, left wingers, landowners, blue collar workers, anarchists and Opus Dei members alike.

Thanks for what you said SaraSara of them and more, as a sample, president Rafael Correa of Ecuador to a reporter (Oliver Stone) when asked about his popularity; but the media in the USA is not treating you very well they aren't written articles in your favor, why is that?... his answer was...

"With all due respect, knowing the U.S. media I would be more worried if they spoke well of me."

...same thing apply here, knowing to who and what the multimedia barons supports.

As they did with their tiger of South America in the 80's - Carlos Menem - their prodigy son on show praised to the world, and the rest is history a dark history it was, which culminated in chaos in 2001.

So, if all what you are saying is your truth according to the media you read and watch then we are on the right track.

I, and many like me in this country as a whole do not want to go back to that past of destruction and fantasy.

The Kirchner's approval rating recently rose to a whopping 30%. :eek::D

Hard to spin that.

As I said before all depends what and who you listen and read.

In the end, it comes down to who you believe is telling the truth....in your case that unknown and mysterious 30%, maybe from La Nación, Perfil, Clarín or Infobae?

It will be not hard to spin at all coming from these sources.

You got it wrong - the mysterious 30% support the Kirchners. 70% of the country DISAPPROVES of them. I doubt they all read La Nacion, Perfil, Clarin and IFOBAE. Most likely they get their news from Government-dominated public TV, or from the many radios the Kirchners' friends control.

But you don't have to follow the news to realize this government is a dismal failure. Just go to the grocery store and find out how many things have become unaffordable.

Lucas said:
She and her husband are not animal politicians in the political sense, they said what they think straight and what they are going to do, even if that it's not what some parts of the society want to hear in opposite to nice and sleek talking politician (and we used to have plenty of those here, and still do). That will tell you what you want to hear but not what they really are thinking and going to do, an example is Macri and Cia., and that's the BIG difference.
That also includes an increase of their personal assets by over 750% right?

SaraSara said:
You got it wrong - the mysterious 30% support the Kirchners. 70% of the country DISAPPROVES of them. I doubt they all read La Nacion, Perfil, Clarin and IFOBAE. Most likely they get their news from Government-dominated public TV, or from the many radios the Kirchners' friends control.

But you don't have to follow the news to realize this government is a dismal failure. Just go to the grocery store and find out how many things have become unaffordable.

The government of Kirchners are not to blame for the inflation as they do not control the food supplies nor the large businesses that create monolopolies. The elite of Argentina are the ones that for many years have been destroying the prices of food and creating this rampant inflation that Argentina has been famous for over 30 years.

Are you also going to blame the Kirchners for the 5000 plus inflation in the 1980s ?

The Kirchners deny there's any inflation, as they deny there is crime. Their puppet INDEC publishes inflation figures of about 10%, while unions negotiate inflation-related rises are up to 30% - so far.

However, nowhere is inflation so visible as in the increase of the Kirchner's private fortune. Not even Menem stole that much.

I hesitate to post since I got called stupid on the marriage thread for saying that IMO, their support of the bill was completely political expediency. But let's just say I find the timing a wee bit suspicious.

I think most politicians are dirty - world wide - but the Kirchners do seem to take it to a whole new level. Public records show that since their arrival to power in 2003, the declared assets of Cristina and Néstor Kirchner have increased by 572%. (or maybe higher). But I'm sure that's just do to good investing right? Besides the economy has flourished so much here. Oh wait....:rolleyes:

SaraSara said:
The Kirchners deny there's any inflation, as they deny there is crime. Their puppet INDEC publishes inflation figures of about 10%, while unions negotiate inflation-related rises are up to 30% - so far.

However, nowhere is inflation so visible as in the increase of the Kirchner's private fortune. Not even Menem stole that much.
Come on SaraSara, shame on you! there is no inflation but price accommodation , there is no crime, but a sensation.... :rolleyes:

Nikad, Sara Sara and Citygirl Argentina is better off today than 10 years ago even with the problems of crime and inflation. This is a fact .
In regards to corruption in office and the increase of weath of the President I will ask you to look at other societies and see that the corruption is 1000 times worse and there is no critisicm from you three about that.

What happened to the trillions of dollars that Obama gave to the banks in the USA certainly the US economy has crashed and unemployment and poverty are worse than since the great depression. Most american people did not support this but Obama railroaded the people and for what there is no change and no lending at all and cities are being slowly turned into unliveable places.

Obama promised that he would withdraw troops from the Middle East but the wars are increasing with great speed and more countries are now under threat . For free thinking people this is the ultimate corruption to lie to get office and then do the opposite.

Back