Christina Kirchners speech is a inspiration

Cabrera - what is occurring in the US has nothing to do with what the Kirchners are doing here. Period. If you want to make a case for the Kirchners being great, I would suggest you tell me what they've done, not just say "oooh - but other people (read US) are worse" It's not exactly a strong argument.

PS - you saying Argentina is better now than in 2000 doesn't make it a fact. It's your personal opinion. I could ask 10 people I know here and they would disagree with you. Many of them are middle-class but are struggling to save money, deal with rising costs, worried about losing their jobs because companies can't afford to give them the raises that they need to live, can't save enough to buy a house - you know, small little problems like that.

SaraSara said:
I agree that the Ks are not politicians. What they are is small-town thugs - masters at corruption, intimidation, and back-room deals. They are incapable of thinking beyond the next week, or the next kickback.

However, I must admit that they have achieved the impossible: uniting the Argentinians. They all despise them: right wingers, left wingers, landowners, blue collar workers, anarchists and Opus Dei members alike.

I agree and would add that some of the responders defending the K's not only get their information from alternative sources but must also be living in some alternative parallel universe that causes them not to see the truth for what it is.

"What happened to the trillions of dollars that Obama gave to the banks in the USA certainly the US economy has crashed and unemployment and poverty are worse than since the great depression. Most american people did not support this but Obama railroaded the people and for what there is no change and no lending at all and cities are being slowly turned into unliveable places."
Cabera::::
What happened to the money loaned to the stupid banks that caused the economic meltdown??????
Well, most of the TARP money has been paid back to the goverment by those banks [Most]. The funds that the US Treasury took in prefered stock were converted to common stock and because the stock values rose...the US government made a very handsome profit on a sizeable portion of the funds. Those returned funds were then rolled into other programs to stimulate the economy. [Infrastructure programs] [which haven't worked with any great speed] And unemployment is still very high by US standards [9.8%]. And Europe is still in deep trouble with Euro problems and EURO member meltdowns.
But......what do WORLD Scale Problems in tha US or Euro Countries have to do with the K ....crooks?

cabrera said:
What happened to the trillions of dollars that Obama gave to the banks in the USA certainly the US economy has crashed and unemployment and poverty are worse than since the great depression.
For the record: TARP, bank bailout $$ was a Bush administration deal: Republicans.

dennisr said:
For the record: TARP, bank bailout $$ was a Bush administration deal: Republicans.
Yes but I so no reason to bother with that error,Obama inherited TARP #1.

cabrera said:
In regards to corruption in office and the increase of weath of the President I will ask you to look at other societies and see that the corruption is 1000 times worse and there is no critisicm from you three about that.

You could have used the same infallible logic during the disappearances. OK, so 30,000 or so people disappeared, but just look at the democratic republic of congo! Millions were butchered over there, whats a few thousand by comparison?

Corruption isn't excused by the existence of greater corruption. The K's are being judged on what they've done, not what others have done.

They might be the best Argentina has had in a while, but thats not to say the country doesn't deserve a whole lot better than a couple of kleptocrats.

cabrera said:
Nikad, Sara Sara and Citygirl Argentina is better off today than 10 years ago even with the problems of crime and inflation.
This is a fact.

That is true, BUT THEY DON'T WANT TO SEE AND RECOGNIZE THAT, they just ignore it....or maybe they forgot, how convenient will be that?.

Sara if what you are saying is correct WHY even the most staunchest of their opponents predict that the next 2011 elections will be won by Kitchner? The fact is that at the moment all them agree with this outcome, ...How is this possible?.... If according to you they are hated to the edge of hysteria by the majority of the population? (70%) come on!.

And what about corruption, anybody is talking very lightly about their corruption and I won't for any moment denied it but were are the evidences of this?... It's very easy to say they are totally corrupt, the problem you see no one was able to present any evidence yet to corroborate and prove this with facts, all in all what it really is a bag of wind with full of BS.

Sara Sara and JP prefer to go back 10 years ago and live when one dollar was one peso because they lived much better not because the society was better off . In those days the professional class lived better but the rest of the country was losing their jobs the industries were sold off for peanuts and then of course the system collapsed creating a huge crisis that the Kirchners have helped us recover from today.

Inflation was a huge problem in Argentina for many years and only was artificially controlled by the one dollar to one peso system for a few years but in the end this caused a complete collapse of the currency.

Lucas said:
That is true, BUT THEY DON'T WANT TO SEE AND RECOGNIZE THAT, they just ignore it....or maybe they forgot, how convenient will be that?.

cabrera said:
Sara Sara and JP prefer to go back 10 years ago and live when one dollar was one peso because they lived much better not because the society was better off .

I don't see anyone saying either of those things. Whether or not it was better back then is not relevant really nor if it's worse somewhere else.

That's what you two don't see. Why keep bringing up 10 years ago? Why keep saying how bad it is somewhere else. We don't live back then & we don't live over there.

We are talking about right here, right now.

Lucas said:
If according to you they are hated to the edge of hysteria by the majority of the population? (70%) come on!.
That's what the polls say, although probably you'll pronounce them flawed. But it is useless to argue like this - let's talk next year after the elections.

Back