Christmas In Iguazu?

tangueraintrepida

Registered
We were thinking about doing Christmas at Iguazu Falls, but is this a big mistake? Buses are running. Park is open. Found a hotel with availability.

Has anyone been over Christmas before? We were hoping it might be a less crowded time to go, but I worked at Disney World for 8 years and Christmas was the busiest day of the year. Not sure about a national park in South America. Advice please.

I´d say its a good idea, most latins are likely to spend Christmas with family and not head out until afterwards .... wk 1 of january is the big exodus. Of course one of the seven wonders of the world is never likely to be empty .... :cool:

My husband and I were there last xmas eve and day and it was quite pleasant. Fairly quiet. Just remember that there will be restaurants closed, so if you are really particular about where you want to spend dinner on those nights, do a little research in advance and make a reservation. With that said, we didn't do any planning and still ended up having a nice dinner in town on xmas. The dinner we had at our hotel xmas eve left much to be desired. We were just too tired to go out.

At least the falls themselves won´t be too crowded - IMHO, they´re too vast to
get crowded (at least by my standards).

Back