Christmas Shananigans!

Emmatt

Registered
Seasons greetings to all!

My girlfriend and I have just moved into an apartment on Laprida/Paraguay, having landed from Stockholm a couple of days ago.
We're wondering what the deal is for Christmas here.
Does anyone have any recommendations on fun festive goings-on?
Will restaurants be open Christmas day?

Is it Noche buena that is the big celebration here? In Sweden (my girlfriend's homeland), they also celebrate on the 24th, though I know other countries celebrate on 25th.

Basically we want to get involved with the local celebrations somehow! Any tips are appreciated.

Thanks

http://www.vuenosairez.com/V2_1/v4-resultados-agenda.php?pag=1&tipoBusq=4&dia=24&mes=12&anio=2013&zona=Ciudad-de-Buenos-Aires

My girlfriend and I have just moved into an apartment on Laprida/Paraguay, having landed from Stockholm a couple of days ago.

Is it Noche buena that is the big celebration here? In Sweden (my girlfriend's homeland), they also celebrate on the 24th, though I know other countries celebrate on 25th.

Basically we want to get involved with the local celebrations somehow! Any tips are appreciated.

Thanks

I'm not sure you'll be able to find a place to watch Kalle Anka (http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/culturebox/2009/12/nordic_quack.html), but good luck from another vikingo (two generations removed, though).

Buy a bunch of fireworks. Go to a street that you don't live on. Sit in front of some random apartment building shooting roman candles and bottle rockets into the air until 7am while drinking beer and yelling / fighting / singing.

You'll fit right in.

I have found that Christmas "activities" are much more organized north of the Equator. Actually, pretty much everything is much more organized north of the Equator. :)

Merry Christmas!

Hi there, the main celebrations are on teh 24th and are very much family oriented. The young crowd breaks off from the family tradional Xmas around 1 AM or so to go to a night club. On the 25th restaurants will start to open in the afternoon but a limited numebr .Probably the big restairants like Kansas and hard rock cafe will be open,other establishments in private hands too. We are running a sailing/ argentine asado on the boat special and have room for the 25th If you are stuck for finding something:let me know and we will see if we can squeeze you in.
Hope you enjoy your Xmas whatever you end up doing.

Thanks

Other countries on 7th of January.

Hi there, the main celebrations are on teh 24th and are very much family oriented. The young crowd breaks off from the family tradional Xmas around 1 AM or so to go to a night club. On the 25th restaurants will start to open in the afternoon but a limited numebr .Probably the big restairants like Kansas and hard rock cafe will be open,other establishments in private hands too. We are running a sailing/ argentine asado on the boat special and have room for the 25th If you are stuck for finding something:let me know and we will see if we can squeeze you in.
Hope you enjoy your Xmas whatever you end up doing.
Thanks so much for the offer, as it panned out we had a quiet christmas at home, what with the multi skyping that was required of us to various loved ones back in Europe. I say quiet. Then we entered war zone time!
Thanks again!

Back