Ciccone Case: Lijo Judge Processed Vice-President Boudou

On the Falklands issue, the current government is guilty of its own cheap nationalism. Fortunately, it lacks the will or the ability to inflict itself on the other party, and must content itself with mouthing off and petty economic harassment.

I might say the Malvinas issue is the rest, one of the fewer things concerning to nationalism, that remains today. There are very few things talking of politics that have 100% consensus and not divisions. Malvinas is one of those. Thats when I talk here of having a nationalistic upper classes that fight for the country, that defend our industry, that invest here, that confront big capitals, that disagree with Griesa decission, and stand for the country, etc, etc, with that very important national topics we have division, we dont have (unlike Chile, Brazil, Mexico) nationalisms within the people with economic power, we dont have a prosperous upper classes that defend the country against the foreign capitals, that fight for their tiny portion of the market... they sell it!! The only thing that has relative consensus is "Las malvinas son Argentinas".... and futbol.

I might say the Malvinas issue is the rest, one of the fewer things concerning to nationalism, that remains today. There are very few things talking of politics that have 100% consensus and not divisions. Malvinas is one of those. Thats when I talk here of having a nationalistic upper classes that fight for the country, that defend our industry, that invest here, that confront big capitals, that disagree with Griesa decission, and stand for the country, etc, etc, with that very important national topics we have division, we dont have (unlike Chile, Brazil, Mexico) nationalisms within the people with economic power, we dont have a prosperous upper classes that defend the country against the foreign capitals, that fight for their tiny portion of the market... they sell it!! The only thing that has relative consensus is "Las malvinas son Argentinas".... and futbol.

Borges disagrees with you: http://tinyurl.com/ngal3pg

I admire Borges -the writer. But politically.... he even said that democracy was "un abuso de la estadistica".... that, of course, because *normally* peronismo wins.

I would agree with Borges, what they term "Democracy" is nothing more than a fleeting transitional moment between populism and oligarchy....carefully manipulated "mob rule" with no respect for the law...the Romans & the 'old' United States 'had' the right 'balance' for a while in their histories...blah blah...give me a representative democratic republic any day (and not too 'federal' either)..too many conflicting thoughts come to mind when referring to the old corrupt Peronist mafia here.

Back