Citizenship

So apparently the office that assigns the "causa" to start the citizenship procedure in CABA is operating with turnos. I just spoke with them and they are already booked till May 2021. Crazy.
1. I know a lawyer can start the case online but how about a regular person? Can they get access if they register as "Parte" with CUIT?
2. Can I have a lawyer friend just start the case without him being "letrado" or parte in the case?

Just trying to figure out a way to speed this up without waiting till May :)

So apparently the office that assigns the "causa" to start the citizenship procedure in CABA is operating with turnos. I just spoke with them and they are already booked till May 2021. Crazy.
1. I know a lawyer can start the case online but how about a regular person? Can they get access if they register as "Parte" with CUIT?
2. Can I have a lawyer friend just start the case without him being "letrado" or parte in the case?

Just trying to figure out a way to speed this up without waiting till May :)
Pay a lawyer, I sent an e mail yesterday 01/17/21 and they have me a turno for 01/23/21:
Turno.JPG

Pay a lawyer, I sent an e mail yesterday 01/17/21 and they have me a turno for 01/23/21:
View attachment 7607
Haha nice. Why does a lawyer have more rights than a regular “citizen”? I guess if you have a lawyer run the case and they can lodge the case online it makes sense but if you’d go thru the same channels it doesn’t make much sense. What am I missing?

We do not have more rights, we have more tools as professionals because if they give me a turno for May, the day after he is fined, under criminal prosecution or looking for a new job.
With the 100% digital file lawyers became notaries. If I upload something with my digital signature is valid no question asked because I have criminal responsability alike notaries do.
Plus we know how to make things happens because we know the law, the precedents and how judges think.
For them we are time savers because it is an in and out. They do not have to waste time explaing three times everything and controlling the documentation.
Normally I do 90% of their work.

Last edited:
What am I missing?

That a lawyer is not a normal citizen of the country and he has more knowledge of the law than a regular person and that he has more access to the court being a lawyer and he understands the idiosyncrasies of the Judges/ secretaries better than a normal citizen or freshly arrived foreigner ( with or without a local wife/spouse)

That a lawyer is not a normal citizen of the country and he has more knowledge of the law than a regular person and that he has more access to the court being a lawyer and he understands the idiosyncrasies of the Judges/ secretaries better than a normal citizen or freshly arrived foreigner ( with or without a local wife/spouse)
I get that. Duh. BUT -- if I and Bajo go thru the same channel we should get the same "priority", because Bajo as alternative channels like online filing that I don't have. Unless I am misunderstanding and Bajo filed this case online and this is how he got the appointment 1 week after. Just wondering that's all.

I am wondering. If one applies for a citizenship when DNM receives the officio and responds to the judge does this information, i.e. the pedido de oficio, become part of the immigration file of the person? So next time one deals with Migraciones they will be able to see a citizenship tramite has started. If that is the case are there any consequences?
Or is this simply something that the legal department of Migraciones deals with and does not form part of the immigration file?

Back