Citizenship

@Bajo_cero2 , I've been living here since before may 2019, is this a good time to begin the process for citizenship. I'm living out quite a ways from Buenos Aires so I'll likely be running the process through Entre Rios. Is this something I should focus on doing in BA?

We did my PR in entre Rios and had a much better experience. After about a year of precaria in BS we transferred to concepción del Uruguay and was able to get it done in a month with less lines.

@Bajo_cero2 , I've been living here since before may 2019, is this a good time to begin the process for citizenship. I'm living out quite a ways from Buenos Aires so I'll likely be running the process through Entre Rios. Is this something I should focus on doing in BA?

We did my PR in entre Rios and had a much better experience. After about a year of precaria in BS we transferred to concepción del Uruguay and was able to get it done in a month with less lines.
You do the tramite in the jurisdiction where you live. If you live in Entre Rios you CANNOT do the cause in CABA. Do it in Entre Rios or where you live...

You do the tramite in the jurisdiction where you live. If you live in Entre Rios you CANNOT do the cause in CABA. Do it in Entre Rios or where you live...
My dni address is still CABA. I'll likely need to update that to match. I own property but have been living out here where population density is a lot lower.

My dni address is still CABA. I'll likely need to update that to match. I own property but have been living out here where population density is a lot lower.
Doesn't really matter. When you apply you bring with you a "certificado de domicilio" where your domicilio REAL is aka where you live now.
Generally it's a very good idea to have the DNI and the cert de dom match. The judge will often ask to rectify the difference between the two if they mismatch.

Entre Rios used to be the best place in Argentina to apply for citizenship, but not any more. The good judge at Concepcion was sent to the Chamber of appeals and the new judge is someone I do not respect. Because her lack of professionalism, 4 clients of mine were deported because she took the deportations orders even they already had a lawyer because she was hired by the employer of my clients, she did such a bad work at the appeals that the Chamber of Appeals ignored her and took my files and decided on my arguments instead of hers. The appeals were won but It was too late for 4 of 5 of them as soon as Decree 70/2017 allowed deportations with appeals pending. Because of her interference I was not notified and I was banned from helping my clients to stop the deportations.
So, I suggest you do not appeals before that judge. Do it in CABA.
If you wan to apply without the 2 years and without the address in CABA, you are going to need a lawyer.

Doesn't really matter. When you apply you bring with you a "certificado de domicilio" where your domicilio REAL is aka where you live now.
Generally it's a very good idea to have the DNI and the cert de dom match. The judge will often ask to rectify the difference between the two if they mismatch.
In the abolished law, it was a crime to do not update the address. As I said, in the abolished law. The Civil Code says that your address in CABA is your Address while your stay in Entre Rios is not legally an address as soon as you keep your willing of coming back as soon as you mentioned that you are there because of COVID-19.

Has anyone done the fingerprinting at the policia fedral at Azopardo 670?
1. Do you need a turno OR you just show up at Azopardo 670 with the Oficio and do it at the moment?
2. Once they have taken the fingerprints, how long before you can go pick up the finished informe? Or do they send it via mail to the Secretaria?
3. In the oficio order below it says "informar...domicio del peticionario", which seems strange as I though that that's a differnt oficio send to the comisaria vecinal..?
"Solicitar tenga a bien tomar sus huellas dactilares, en su caso se forme legajo de identidad y/o prontuario, e informar sobre sus antecedentes y domicilio del peticionario, de acuerdo con lo dispuesto por el art.51, 2° y 3° párrafos del Código Penal."

I'll update my DNI to use the ER address. We called concepcion today and they said i needed another FBI background check too.

I've had PR since 2019 so i should be set on the 2 year requirement. the only thing i'm missing is that FBI background check. Concepcion said i need it legalized by the Argentine consulate in the US? Whatever that means. I'm pretty sure the person on the phone didn't know what apostille meant.

Anyways, my wife is an abogada so i have that going for me. The person at the courthouse said it might take like... a year to get the paperwork fully processed.

I'll update my DNI to use the ER address. We called concepcion today and they said i needed another FBI background check too.

I've had PR since 2019 so i should be set on the 2 year requirement. the only thing i'm missing is that FBI background check. Concepcion said i need it legalized by the Argentine consulate in the US? Whatever that means. I'm pretty sure the person on the phone didn't know what apostille meant.

Anyways, my wife is an abogada so i have that going for me. The person at the courthouse said it might take like... a year to get the paperwork fully processed.
Not all judges ask for the FBI records. It's something that can be submitted later on in the process -- it's not a requirement for the inicio.

The police -- out of nowhere -- just passed to verify my domicilio today (she took a photo of my DNI and nothing else) less than 3 weeks since the inicio de la causa and without having picked up the oficios yet or done the cita at the secretaria. So strange. The judge did not even "order" an oficio to the comisaria vecinal in the preveído.

Back