Citizenship

Here they jail you but citizenship remains. The reason is simple, our citizenship law is a manumission act and slavery is abolished and a crime.

Well, the idea is that you would commit the offense while outside the country.

Can you quote the law that support this? Because I tooted the same and I was sent the link to that Law... so the argument 'I read it on a forum' is not holding well for me.
The silents of the citizenship law are covered by roman law that SC used in its precedents.
1620170274723.png

I am not sure, who in right mind would want to renounce Argentina citizenship. Its one of the biggest gifts one can have, on this planet.

I am not sure, who in right mind would want to renounce Argentina citizenship. Its one of the biggest gifts one can have, on this planet.
Second only to this awesome Government. We are really blessed to live in Argentina in such prosperous and free time!

For the atecedentes del pais de origen, can I submit the ones I get from my embassy/consulate and then legalize it by Cancilleria? Or do I have to get an apostilla? I know for Migraciones they want an apostilla si o si but maybe for the Juzgado y la carta de ciudadania it doesn't really matter? Cheers!

Bajo, as the citizenship guru of the forum, would like to ask you at what point should I petition the court for the examen de castellano?
Can I do this as soon as all the oficios are in? Can I do it as I request the oficios to my employer? My juzgado has decided they would librar the oficio to my employer after all the other oficios have been received.

I am living for almost two years here in Argentina (on a tourist visa). In these two years I went three times to Europe, two to three weeks each time for work related matters. Otherwise i made a couple of day trips to Colonia and Chile (while I was vaccationing in Patagonia). No overstays before Covid. I am married to an Argentinian citizen with two kids (Arg). I made once an attempt for permanent residency which I didnt complete (legal documents were complete, however some payment confirmations were missing and then i got fed up with the process).
I am not particularly keen on getting the citizenship per se. However, at one point i need to legalize my situation here. The risk of not reentering with my family being here is something that i want to avoid.
As far as I understand I am eligible for citizenship here.
Has anyone done this process before? Experiences? Especially i am keen to know
* how long did the process take (i understand it can vary considerably, depending on ghe judge)?
* is there a way to slow this process down? (Paradoxically that would potentially help me as - as far as i understand - during the process you are kind of protected, while a longer process might help me delaying in establishing my tax domicile here)
* as of when do the taxes (afip) come into play?
* what legal fees did you pay? (Lawyer) Are there also other legal fees?
You will need an, "Identity History Summary Check" letter from the FBI.
It tells Argentina your criminal history in the USA.
I needed one for my permament residency 4 years ago and will need another one(within 6 months of application, I think) for citizenship.

You will need an, "Identity History Summary Check" letter from the FBI.
It tells Argentina your criminal history in the USA.
I needed one for my permament residency 4 years ago and will need another one(within 6 months of application, I think) for citizenship.
Do you need a new police record when you move from temperaría to permanente? I believe if you changing to permanente after 3 years of having temp you don’t need to submit a police record from the us again?

Do you need a new police record when you move from temperaría to permanente? I believe if you changing to permanente after 3 years of having temp you don’t need to submit a police record from the us again?

the need for police record is determined by countries in which a person lived in the past 3 years.
So if one lived in Argentina for the last 3 years, then one does not need police record from any country other than Argentina.

Also if US citizen lived in, say, Paraguay for the last 3 years, then he does not need US police certificate at all. He needs police certificate from Paraguay.

This is not determined by passport. This is determined by countries of one's residence in the last 3 years.

Back