Citizenship

the need for police record is determined by countries in which a person lived in the past 3 years.
So if one lived in Argentina for the last 3 years, then one does not need police record from any country other than Argentina.

Also if US citizen lived in, say, Paraguay for the last 3 years, then he does not need US police certificate at all. He needs police certificate from Paraguay.

This is not determined by passport. This is determined by countries of one's residence in the last 3 years.
Your reply is right regarding immigration, for citizenship is the country where you were born.

No. They are the worst possible places.
That's scary. I was applying in Córdoba because it's the only place I know here. Bajo, cab you please advise of the fastest and easiest place to applying for Citizenship? Thank you for your response!

For those who are curious, Bajo's answer "No, they are the worst possible places." was a reply to this question:

I know every province is different but do the judges tend to process citizenship requests faster in places like Mendoza, Cordoba or Salta as opposed to the capital?

Out of curiosity for those of you who have completed this process already, what are my remaining steps?

- As I'm a monotributista they requested a copy of my proof of CUIL and a certificado de ingresos personales emitido por Contador Público Nacional
- I submit that and they review it after the Feria Judicial
- Assuming everything's fine, what's next?

I'm guessing I meet the judge and they ask me why/to confirm I want to become a citizen, and then I have to have something published in a newspaper? What's the steps between where I'm at and me going to Renaper with my citizenship letter and getting my new DNI and passport?

Thanks guys!

Out of curiosity for those of you who have completed this process already, what are my remaining steps?

- As I'm a monotributista they requested a copy of my proof of CUIL and a certificado de ingresos personales emitido por Contador Público Nacional
- I submit that and they review it after the Feria Judicial
- Assuming everything's fine, what's next?

I'm guessing I meet the judge and they ask me why/to confirm I want to become a citizen, and then I have to have something published in a newspaper? What's the steps between where I'm at and me going to Renaper with my citizenship letter and getting my new DNI and passport?

Thanks guys!

Have they issued the oficios? Submitting a CUIL and ingresos personales is usually the first step. Then they will issue 7 or so oficios. To Enrolados (they do it for you and the response is very quick within days), Migraciones (also done via DEOX and you don't have to do anything, response is quick usually 1-2 months), Convenio (also done via DEOX, it can take 3-12 weeks depending on how much work they have), Renaper (usually done via email or paper but again done by the court, it takes 1-2 months), Interpol background check (usually done via email it takes 2-3 months). You have to go to the court to pick up the oficios for Reincidencia and then get fingerptinted etc for the antecedentes. Usually takes 1-2 weeks.You need an appointment, turnos are online. Also usually they will give you the oficios for PFA to get fingerprinted for the the antecedntes policiales, you need to call and get an appointment at the police beforehand...usually takes about 1 month. Finally, the court will ask your local police station, comisaria, to send someone to your address to confirm you live at the address you have submitted (the one on yr DNI). Then they will send an oficio to the court confirming that. This sometimes can take many months depending on the comisaria, sometimes they don't do it and the court has to send the request many times before they do it...

Also at some point you will pick up the edictos to publish in the newspaper they tell you to. And pay the fee. This is easy and you do it yourself. Then you email the court copies to their email...

Finally, most judges here in Caba ask for a antecedentes del pais de origen translated in Spanish with apostilla. Similar to what you do for the residencia.

They will never ask you "why" you want to be a citizen. They don't care.

Once you have all the requirements, oficios, they will send your case to the "fiscal" for an opinion if he agrees that you are in condiciones to get the carta de ciudadania. They may say yes or they may ask for additional docs. Once the fiscal is okay with your application, the cases goes back to the Judge, at this point the judge will either approve your carta de ciudadania or ask for more docs. If they approve it they will issue a sentencia. Then they will give you a fecha to swear in as a citizen...usually within 2-4 weeks. After the juramento you can to go to Renaper to get Argentine DNI. Then once you have the DNI you can get a passport.

The whole citizenship process from start to finish usually takes between 8 and 18 months (on average 13-14m) depending on many factors some in your control and some not.Some times it can take as long as 2-3 years depending on the particular case. Good luck.

Thanks for the detailed response!

Have they issued the oficios?

I believe so? The following are complete already apparently:

- Cumplido, recábese por Secretaría informes de la Dirección Nacional de Migraciones (mediante sistema DEOX), del Registro Nacional de Reincidencia y Estadística Criminal y Carcelaria, del Registro Nacional de Enrolados y Cartas de Ciudadanía (mediante sistema DEO) y al Registro Nacional de las Personas, en éste último caso, atentó lo informado por el Registro Nacional de las Personas
- Cumplido, líbrese oficio a la Policía Federal Argentina (División Interpol y Convenio Policial Argentino).

We'll see what they say once they get the CUIL/accountant statement when they're back from their holidays, but I guess it seems the whole thing is in progress over all.

Thanks for the detailed response!

I believe so? The following are complete already apparently:

- Cumplido, recábese por Secretaría informes de la Dirección Nacional de Migraciones (mediante sistema DEOX), del Registro Nacional de Reincidencia y Estadística Criminal y Carcelaria, del Registro Nacional de Enrolados y Cartas de Ciudadanía (mediante sistema DEO) y al Registro Nacional de las Personas, en éste último caso, atentó lo informado por el Registro Nacional de las Personas
- Cumplido, líbrese oficio a la Policía Federal Argentina (División Interpol y Convenio Policial Argentino).

We'll see what they say once they get the CUIL/accountant statement when they're back from their holidays, but I guess it seems the whole thing is in progress over all.

The oficios that are issued via DEOX will show up in your case online at PJN website. If you don't see them then they have not been issued. Generally, they will wait for your CUIL and ingreso to issue the oficios. It also seems that the court will order the antecdentes oficiales via a citacion. This means that the oficio will be sent to you local police station and you will generally get it in the mail or email...not sure how they do it now with covid. You can always petition the court to reissue you the oficio for PFA so you can go pick it up and do the tramite quicker.

tell me which number secretaria you got so I can tell you if they are quick or slow?

"Cumplido...." generally means that that step will follow AFTER the prior point has been met/finalized....in this case after you have provided the CUIL and ingresos...

tell me which number secretaria you got so I can tell you if they are quick or slow?

"Cumplido...." generally means it that step will follow AFTER the prior point has been met/finalized....in this case after you have provided the CUIL and ingresos...

Number 2; and that's what I thought, but while reviewing it on the PJN site these show as complido in the documentation, so I'm just going with what they're saying.

Number 2; and that's what I thought, but while reviewing it on the PJN site these show as complido in the documentation, so I'm just going with what they're saying.
Cumplido means “to be done after” the previos requirement has been met. secretaria Number 2 is with Silvia Bracamonte. She is not the easiest judge but generally she is efficient and fair. Unless you mean Juzagado número 2? In this case I have no idea who is it s another guy and he is new, not sure how he works.
As I said all Oficos sent via Deox must show up in the webpage and you will also be able to see the response later. The Oficos that are send via email or on paper may not show up.

Cumplido means “to be done after” the previos requirement has been met. secretaria Number 2 is with Silvia Bracamonte. She is not the easiest judge but generally she is efficient and fair. Unless you mean Juzagado número 2? In this case I have no idea who is it s another guy and he is new, not sure how he works.
As I said all Oficos sent via Deox must show up in the webpage and you will also be able to see the response later. The Oficos that are send via email or on paper may not show up.

Ah ok, I understand now; and yes it's with her, what makes you say she's not the easiest? As for efficient and fair, that I appreciate, nothing in life (let alone Argentina) is easy, so being efficient and fair is about the best we can hope for haha.

Back