Citizenship

Right! They did it different here in Córdoba. I had to do the antecedentes RNR and Policía Federal myself without any oficios. I think the only officios they will issue directly is Renaper, Interpol.
In entre Ríos, they said for us to do it since it’s far faster than them requesting it.

Hello everyone,

New here. Great source of information. Thanks everyone contributing.

Basically what I get from all the info I gathered; citizenship is at the discretion of the judge. One may say yes and the other may say no. Only exception being married to a citizen, having DNI for foreigners and 2 years have passed since you got your DNI. Am I correct? Please correct me if I’m wrong.

It’s 2 years of residence. Not from DNI. Exception for marriage and kids. The less silly your case is the smoother your case will be and less of a need for a lawyer.

Can anyone recommend a lawyer or a consultant who will do the application for citizenship through marriage? Assuming that it’s a straightforward situation, I don’t need the best lawyer for this.

Also; do I have to be present in Argentina when the application is made or can a lawyer do it on my behalf with a power of attorney?

Many thanks

NO, do it via twitter. It's different. Just try.
Per your recommendation, I did message them the same day; they replied this morning saying this process takes 90 days. That sucks! I am literally losing 3 months. I checked online, my Citizenship case is stuck "EN LETRA" since August 5. They requested the "certificado de residencia" on August 4, the same day I started the process, so no movements at all.

Per your recommendation, I did message them the same day; they replied this morning saying this process takes 90 days. That sucks! I am literally losing 3 months. I checked online, my Citizenship case is stuck "EN LETRA" since August 5. They requested the "certificado de residencia" on August 4, the same day I started the process, so no movements at all.
send a message again. Insist but be friendly. Explain that it's urgent. If you don't push them they will not budge.

hi guys, any one knows how long it takes time from ‘ a sentencia" to " sentenciado’

hi guys, any one knows how long it takes time from ‘ a sentencia" to " sentenciado’
You mean to get the carta de ciudadania? The swear in ceremony is usually within 1-2 months. In my case it was only 4-5 days after the sentencia, but usually around 4-6 weeks, but again it depends largely based on the the juzgado and the jurisdiction. So YMMV.

Anyone had Mercedes Maquieira as their judge? Any thoughts as to whether she is tough on citizenship cases?

Back