Clinton - Trump Live Debate Monday Sept. 26 Th.

fifs2 :
If,indeed, political satire in esence does not have to contain any constructive criticism and can simply serve as "a welcome piece of light relief",it,nonetheless , can get a smidgen tiresome.
Camberiu never offers anyhing constructive whatsoever iI is a steady stream of destructive sensationalism.
That's it.So much so that in the end I myself, at least, have to say,"OK but what is a better answer or a better alternative? Is that satire all there is? With Camberiu it would appear so. For him it seems that it is an end in itself.That is not very helpful in improving any society.
EJLarson: We will have to agree to disagree on this one.
Different strokes for different folks

fifs2 :
If,indeed, political satire in esence does not have to contain any constructive criticism and can simply serve as "a welcome piece of light relief",it,nonetheless , can get a smidgen tiresome.
Camberiu never offers anyhing constructive whatsoever iI is a steady stream of destructive sensationalism.
That's it.So much so that in the end I myself, at least, have to say,"OK but what is a better answer or a better alternative? Is that satire all there is? With Camberiu it would appear so. For him it seems that it is an end in itself.That is not very helpful in improving any society.
EJLarson: We will have to agree to disagree on this one.
Different strokes for different folks

But in all honesty my dear Noesdeayer do any of us have solutions for these huge issues that face us? Saunders? Oh yes, I forgot he was nobbled by the Clintons with advance knowledge of the debate questions etc...what options can Camberiu or I offer in the face of such corrupt elections? Laughter is sometimes the only option available and whilst I do not subscribe to Camberiu´s personal fan club I will say that he is prepared to roast any government, be that US or Brazilian or Argentinean and in that respect is a tad more refreshing and credible than those posters slavish to the Clintons aka TomkatAli (who I love generally just not on politics..c´est la vie). My 12 year old came home from his bilingual school last year espousing "Trump is Bad". We had a good 2 hours chat on the subject of Hilary and Trump and I left him to make up his own mind as once upon a rainbow I loved Hilary too and woe betide me to rain on his parade but knowledge is power to decide. My hope for improving society is the family I am raising and the talks I still give in schools in Ireland, Spain, Argentina and Brazil on careers in my field where I always stress the need to be true to ourselves, personal ethics and to never work with golden handcuffs. A sharp wit is an asset in any society for seeing govt. as it is really is than that as an idol to be worshipped and Camberiu still gets my vote.

KDl8pXL.png

Let's cool down all the "gloomy tunes and scary future scenarios" just a little.
As the campaign draws to a close I read in today's NYTimes (I know already it's an establishment newspaper) that last month saw healthy job growth with 161,000 new jobs being added in Oct.suggesting a healthy outlook for the months ahead.
Moreover,the average hourly earnings are up 2.8 % over a year a level not reached since 2008.
This is bad news? I don´t know.I live full time in BA and only visit the US for one month a year.All I know is what I read in the papers,as they used to say. The Argies say,"Trabajo es salud" ---"Work is health" News like the above seems to me to be what you really want to hear.But maybe that's just silly old me.

Let's cool down all the "gloomy tunes and scary future scenarios" just a little.
As the campaign draws to a close I read in today's NYTimes (I know already it's an establishment newspaper) that last month saw healthy job growth with 161,000 new jobs being added in Oct.suggesting a healthy outlook for the months ahead.

Yeah, never mind the labor participation rate being stuck at a multi-decade low of 62.8%.
Never mind that the US median household income is the same today as it was 20 years ago (while everything costs more).
Never mind that average premiums for ACA plans are going up by 25%

Back