Cockroaches In Newly Rented Apartment

Okay, caretaker has actually done something. It sounded like, in her messages on the day we arrived that we could just move out again if we didnt like it.. Didnt sound like there was going to happen anything at all.

Most of the problems are fixed, AC had a bad tube that had to be replaced, and they have done something to close the kitchen a little bit off from the insie of the walls. Ill try the gel on potato, cucarachas are still showing up all over the kitchen. thank you alot for your tips

If you're in a building there is only so much you can do alone. Have you talked to the super to see if others are having the problem?

Check all the floor drains to make sure the wet trap hasn't dried out.

Done further research on the Cockroach issue , for a complete discussion see the link , in Spanish

http://www.infocucarachas.com/como-eliminar-cucarachas

Try this homemade solution.
Buy a small sachet of Boric Acid/ Acido Borico at Hardware store 100 grs. . Mix with a ground hard egg yoke . Mix well and place at night in small portions on small flat containers , all over the kitchen area. BORIC ACID IS TOXIC HANDLE WITH CARE. Repeat after a week.

Keep the garbage covered and throw away every evening,...!!! Apply the poisson near all areas where there is a heat source, fridge compressor, modem, DVD and all plugged devices such as transformers, etc.

Another option is to call a private Exterminator $400 , some are very effective.

Good luck

Another option is to call a private Exterminator $400 , some are very effective.

Good luck

I have used extreminators to kill 1 million cockroaches in my sordid apartment in my good old days in Congo. You pay once and the trouble is over forever.

I call Pest Control twice a year, and have no more cucarachas. Also worthwhile: in the hardware stores they sell adhesive insect screen pads. Place those in the underside of all floor drains to close access to your home.

However, keep in mind that in this kind of climate cockroaches are a fact of life - there are even flying cockroaches coming in from the yard. They are harmless, but LARGE and icky.

anybody have a good method for getting rid of aphids? they're terrorizing my tomatoes.

anybody have a good method for getting rid of aphids? they're terrorizing my tomatoes.

I've given up growing tomatoes. Had great crops two years running before some virus attacked them resulting in leaf curl and stunted growth. Had similar problems with our fruit tress peaches and plums especially. I've since come to the conclusion it's much easier and less stressful just buying the flippin' fruit and veg from the shop instead.

Back