Common courtesy in Buenos Aires

nikad said:
Have some [maple syrup] that friends brought over 2 yrs ago . . . .
Two years! I have trouble making a quart last two months!

well, they brought ( my mom in law and a friend ) 5 big bottles ( almost a liter each ) and I usually cook brunch a couple of times a month and might use some for the Thanksgiving bird...lol

nikad said:
well, they brought ( my mom in law and a friend ) 5 big bottles ( almost a liter each ) and I usually cook brunch a couple of times a month and might use some for the Thanksgiving bird...lol

PANCAKES FOR EVERYONE at your place!!!

I think some of these things just come from living abroad. While there are many wonderful, amazing things about living in another country, there are just some things that aren't going to make sense to us. You just have to try and keep in mind what American life looks like to foreigners sometimes as well. I'm sure we do things there that don't make sense to them. I am certain of it, as a matter of fact because I have many friends from other countries that have been very confused or mystified by American customs/culture. Having said that, I have noticed some things that definitely irritate me and bother me as well...I just think we should try to embrace the culture as it is. Deal with what we can handle and try to change the things we can't (i.e. talking to your neighbor, etc.). I wish you luck in finding a solution! My best advice would be as kind as you can to them when you see them so that should you have to approach the issue with them later, you at least have a good rapport. Good luck! :)

Rescueme said:
Are you stalking me?

I never said that I did not speak Spanish. I said that I did not speak dumb a$$. Care to be my interpreter as you seem to be fluent!

Rescueme said:
my dumb ass family next door plays her music at 0900 in the morning. Of course it is loud enough for the whole building to hear it but no one says anything about it. If I knew how to speak dumb a$$
The above from your first post made me believe, that your neighbours were Argentinos. Argentinos speak Spanish, and as you refer to not speaking their language using a subset of your rude description of your neighbours, I assumed - obviously wrong about it - that they are Argentinos and you were referring to Spanish, which you are not - to the extent you can be believed.

Your repeated abusive language tells what kind of "person" you are.

John.St said:
, I assumed - obviously wrong about it - that they are Argentinos and you were referring to Spanish, which you are not - to the extent you can be believed.

There is a saying that when you assume you make an ass out of you and me. In this case your just an ass.

John.St said:
Your repeated abusive language tells what kind of "person" you are.

And you keep responding? What does that say about you? Fool!!!

nikad said:
Hmmm, slightly off topic: do you think running a small business/service for phone complaints of all sorts in perfect Spanish ( slang at no extra cost ) would be useful? I am willing to volunteer for a small donation :) With such service you can complain to your landlords, building managers, isps, real estate agents, annoying neighbors, etc ;) You really feel like venting and speaking your mind? Just do it!

it seems like you have found your way to get rich !! :D

Back