CONFISCATION (a.K.A.) CORRALITO

I would like to assure you guys that the plan was on the President´s agenda, and probably still is, but the amount to collect could be very small and not worth the psicological shock. Another option is the creation of a "free" dollar market, to be used for foreign tourism, etc (to be close in value to the black market). This was done here before many times over, at one time we had three values (in the 70´s); and Venezuela now has four of them. By the way, in that great progresist country it is a crime now to publish the value of the black market dollar.
Another possible solution is to request to the Ciccone Printing company to print US greens, but I do not think that Obama would like it at all.

We're already in the middle of a corralito -- it's just not being named as such. Barring the use of peso debit cards abroad, barring the purchase of foreign currencies, these are all controls on movements of pesos and really it is a corralito under another guise.

syngirl said:
We're already in the middle of a corralito -- it's just not being named as such. Barring the use of peso debit cards abroad, barring the purchase of foreign currencies, these are all controls on movements of pesos and really it is a corralito under another guise.

exactly this. There are two ways of taking something from someone. Go in gung-ho a la 2001 and grab it yourself....or just do everything to ensure the other person doesn't get to have it.

Cristina learnt one thing from 2001 and is now using the second method. It's a corralito by the back door, a passive corralito.

I have not been abroad for a long time...but...you cannot use a debit card from an Argentine bank abroad? It that true? If true, I am going to close my accounts before I am completely corralled.

I think you can only use a debit card abroad if the local account is also in USD.
If it is denominated in ARG$ pesos you can not do it, I think.

Hey, Bella, Bellissima, yes there is something you can do:
Go get a couple of firearms and plenty of ammo. Do not tell me later I did not advice you right.

Gun prices are skyrocketting and ammo is getting harder to find. Both are basically imported goods. :cool:

Seriously, I do not think those are neither part of the solution or the problem.

All rumours have an element of truth., I was here in 2001 and thanks to a local journalist we got warned and didnt get caught out, remember down here anything is possible even if there is a national law.. so be alert ....

All these apocalyptic news, tend to favour those that hold cash dollars...!

Back