Constant Internet

I enjoy not seeing the words. "Buffering" "Loading" and "Cargando" or having my kids yelling "It's....one of the aforementioned words" for the 30 min to hour that they have screen time. :)

Also makes for clearer Skype calls. It really shouldn't, but it does. So I get less of this from my mother-in-law for the weekly call with the grandkids.... "You're frozen" "I can't hear see you" "You're breaking up" My blood pressure rises enough during those calls. :p

get 2 lines, I've got fibertel and telecentro. They've both been up most of the time in the last year or so before that both flaked out now and again.
For a backup i'm using 4g now tethered through my phone.

Get yourself one of these routers that can split the connections over two or more lines and you're laughing.

ejcot, which 4G network are you using? And what kind of data package/price? I'm considering going LTE because it seems to cover most places I move, and I work almost anywhere.

ejcot, which 4G network are you using? And what kind of data package/price? I'm considering going LTE because it seems to cover most places I move, and I work almost anywhere.

I'm on movistar but it's not cheap and doesn't comes with good bandwidth.limits

Does it actually work fast?

Last year I was getting download speed of 29 Mbps in test ( evolution) but real speed as experienced was v v v slow.

ANy way to work around this?

Does it actually work fast?

Last year I was getting download speed of 29 Mbps in test ( evolution) but real speed as experienced was v v v slow.

ANy way to work around this?

Ceviche, it depends on what you are doing. And how many of your neighbors that are on line at the same time. You are promised a certain Mbps but what you actually get in any given moment fluctuates. If you connect a torrent downloader you are likely to be very limited. We get limited to 1/2mbps, so while the downloader is running nothing else will go.
I don't understand it much although I get it explained to me by the hubby many times. All I know is that the tester lies. It shows you how much the provider will cap you at. Not how much is actually available for real. If the provider has 100 households with a promised 2 Mbps they don't buy 200 Mbps. They buy much less and hope that not all customers are on at the same time.

I guess I'm not telling you anything you don't already know, and a I didn't answer your question either. Sorry, but I really don't have an answer, other than hack your neighbors wifi to run the radio stream, another to upload and a third to skype on. That way you can stream tv dedicated on your own connection. But that is not a nice solution... And it would be nice if everybody were nice.

Can we please get an update on prices people are paying and for what packages?

I have Fibertel 6meg + Cablevision standard TV package for $499 pesos (this is the last month of 12 month promotion).

Can we please get an update on prices people are paying and for what packages?

I have Fibertel 6meg + Cablevision standard TV package for $499 pesos (this is the last month of 12 month promotion).

475 pesos without cable TV for 12 MEG

Back