Constant Internet

Until seeing this thread I didn't realized that fibertel had upgraded me from 30 to 50.

I HAD noticed that they upgraded me from 600 to 700 pesos.

Anyways after checking.

Libertel 4pm friday, Coghlan, CABA.

2e4fceh.png

Until seeing this thread I didn't realized that fibertel had upgraded me from 30 to 50.

I HAD noticed that they upgraded me from 600 to 700 pesos.

Anyways after checking.

Libertel 4pm friday, Coghlan, CABA.

2e4fceh.png

But does it feel like 50 MB

Last year I had 30 Mbs and this year I have 12 MB. To be honest my speed ( realistically speaking) increased when I went to 12 Meg. However, the tests always showed 30 Meg when I had 30 Meg but did not feel any where close to 30 meg.

One problem you have is that local internet is what the companies are basing their maximum rates on. It used to be that there was only one trunk line from here to the US, for example, to Florida I believe (maybe more specifically Miami). If you are trying to communicate with places outside of South America, for example, you may be caught up in the maximum bandwidth that can be carried by that main line to the US (some times are going to be heavier than others). I don't know if that line has been upgraded or added to, but it used to be one of the limiting factors a few years ago.

Also, you have to deal with ping, which is how long it is taking your communication to reach the destination and return. Distance plays a part in that, as well as infrastructure. The more possible paths you have to get to your destination, for example, the lower the ping will likely be even over distance. For example, when I used to test my connection to Brasil, I used to get a horrible ping even while getting a decent download rate for the most part.

I have Fibertel's 6 MB still, which I upgraded to about 3 or so years ago. I find that it does reasonably well for me, although admittedly I'd like to have something faster, but a lot of the work I do are to servers in Austin, TX, to which I always have a fairly high ping, though decent bandwidth, close to my 6 MB limit, at least at night and in the wee hours when I typically work.

I've been thinking about upgrading to Evolution though...

I've been thinking about upgrading to Evolution though...

I think I will try Evolution once again for 3 months and see if I feel any difference. I am actually worried, my speed might go dowm if I go to Evolution.

Last year I had 6 Meg and all was going well till I went to 30 Meg and then it became super slow , and became normal again when I went to 12 Meg

I can share because I care, but it won't help you much since I'm not in the metropolis. We pay 295 per month for 2 Mbps. This is probably quite close to true though since my husband can run Skype calls and log into servers at the same time, he works with IBM. The rest of the family gets locked out of the router when he is working.

I pay around 300 for speedy 6/1. It was bad, never more than 3, then I complained, threatened, cancelled. And then they called me back saying they "solved" the problem. Now is mostly OK, on torrent constantly top, Skype works well.

The problem is word "hasta", which means anything between zero and 6. I do miss connections, where my disk was a limit, but since for me is not essential, I'm satisfied now.

200 pesos. 1 MB. (We're in pvca). This is blazingly fast compared to what we used to suffer through.

Back