Cookware that actually lasts...??

Ashley

Registered
So my third and final Argentine-brand "pyrex" dish finally split as I brought it out the oven...And the food isn't even fully-cooked ********* it!
I'm reluctant to start buying the Argentine-brand "teflon" non-stick metal dishes as they usually begin to stick after 4 uses and often have to be chucked after a few months...
Does anyone know where I can buy cooking dishes (oven temperature resistant) for pasta, pies, etc that don't split/rust/explode/peel etc etc etc within a few months of buying. I'm fed up with paying the same prices for Argentine-brand stuff that I'd pay for a decent brand at home and having to replace everything 6-monthly. My mother still has dishes going strong after 30 years!

ahhh I feel you! I thought it was just me with the damn pyrex dishes :p I think I am gonna try one of those silicone ones...

Ashley said:
So my third and final Argentine-brand "pyrex" dish finally split as I brought it out the oven...And the food isn't even fully-cooked ********* it!
I'm reluctant to start buying the Argentine-brand "teflon" non-stick metal dishes as they usually begin to stick after 4 uses and often have to be chucked after a few months...
Does anyone know where I can buy cooking dishes (oven temperature resistant) for pasta, pies, etc that don't split/rust/explode/peel etc etc etc

We've had discussions regarding Restaurant Supply stuff.

http://baexpats.org/expat-life/4744-quality-pots-pans.html

Also, I have found pretty decent non-stick stuff at the Falabella (HOME) on Florida between Corrientes & Sarmiento. Even though my roommate and her worthless friend have done their damnedest to destroy them, they've lasted about 6 to 10 months so far with minimal scratches due to hairbrained used of metal forks.

But the restaurant supply area on Jujuy should have stuff that lasts.

suerte amor,

Nappy B

PS- I can't believe that you've been a member for over THREE YEARS(!!) and have only posted 22 times. I obviously have a posting addiction.

Back in May, Falabella in Florida had T-Fal sets imported from France. If I remember correctly they were around $990 pesos. It's the same kind of sets you can buy in the US for $100. I don't know how good they are quality wise, but they were the only non-Mercosur made sets there.

Good luck.

Bring cooking utensils back from your home country. What you get here is junk.

I've been using the heavier Multiflon (thicker, "professional style" telfon coated aluminum) with STAY COOL handles for several years. It's held up well and though it's expensive compared to the same quality in the US, it's easily available at EASY. I can think of lots of other smaller, lighter, and far more valuable things I'd bring from abroad (in checked baggage) than cookware.

Back