Corona Virus May Hit Argentina Hard

When will Argentina see its first Corona Virus case?

• This week

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • This month (January)

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • After January

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Never

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters
If it comes here, we're all going to hide in a secret bunker in Bahia Blance.
I'm working on a astonishingly good plan with Camel to charter his private jet and fly us down to Bahia Blanca and to expand Steve's bunker underground.

The ratio of passengers would be 10 females to one male.

...the banks won't help or protect your assets

That's why I use my Argentine credit card to pay for almost everything and I transfer enough money each month to pay the balance in full (to avoid the 140% APR (if it's still that low) except on items I buy on Mercado Libre with 6 to 18 monthly payments with ZERO interest (but only when the sellers don't "unreasonably" jack up the price).

As Steve said, one months supplies at hand and cash is the bare minimum you should have at all times..... sorry if this disrupted your notion that people are great here , friendly and really care for you....

Rice and beans in the cupboard hold their value better over any 30 day period than ARS. I can eat the rice and beans. Holding pesos means you eat sh@t, even in the short run...

sorry if this disrupted your notion that people are great here , friendly and really care for you....
Two of my closest Argentine friends (who I drink mate with often but don't know each other) have both told me the same thing: The people of Argentina (in general) are simply not good people.

One of those friends was cheated out of his inheritance when his family's property was stolen by unscrupulous lawyers when his grandfather died.

Good luck with that.

I don't live in Bahia Blanca and if there any secret bunkers, no one has shared their secret with me.

You guys had your best chance about six years ago when I was willing to sell the 2400 mtr2 lot next to my house...

as well as about two years ago when I was willing to sell my house and convert the galpon (outbuilding) to a casita.

Now, I might rent the casita (furnished), but the renter would have to pay enough in advance to finish the conversion.

Thanks for the update. My new emergency plan is to find you and Mc Kenna and follow you guys.

I'm working on a astonishingly good plan with Camel to charter his private jet and fly us down to Bahia Blanca and to expand Steve's bunker underground.

The ratio of passengers would be 10 females to one male.

Half your plan sounds great. The other half would be problematic as the water table here is too high to have a basement.

10 females to 1 male ratio??? clearly this guys never been married. good luck with that lol
“- Gen. 'Buck' Turgidson: Doctor, you mentioned the ratio of ten women to each man. Now, wouldn't that necessitate the abandonment of the so-called monogamous sexual relationship, I mean, as far as men were concerned?
- Dr. Strangelove: Regrettably, yes. But it is, you know, a sacrifice required for the future of the human race. I hasten to add that since each man will be required to do prodigious... service along these lines, the women will have to be selected for their sexual characteristics which will have to be of a highly stimulating nature.
- Russian Ambassador Alexi de Sadesky: I must confess, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor.”

don't forget the assholes just walking down the street who blow snot rockets to clear their nose, instead of using a tissue or handkerchief like a normal person
Gf and I were waiting to board the ferry to Uruguay and a lady legit walked by her within a ft of her face (it was packed in the ticket area) and coughed right in her face as she scooched by. Add that to every time you go get a burger there's a gang of kids hanging out coughing onto the head height counter where they place your order.

Back