Corona Virus May Hit Argentina Hard

When will Argentina see its first Corona Virus case?

• This week

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • This month (January)

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • After January

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Never

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters
I’m argentine and I dance tango...
However, 90% of the employed at supermarkets are illegals, they do not travel to China unless they have a free ticket paid by immigration. ;)

Asian and European stocks got hammered today (2+% down)! US stocks are heading down steeply at the moment. I recommend watching the US 10 year bond yield as it has historically been a better bell-weather - it's plunging as well.

But as Camberu says - "We have nothing to fear but fear itself!"

If these figures from the Lancet are true then this will be worse than the Spanish Flu. Fortunately, the sample size is relatively small so we can hope the figures are inaccurate because of the small sample size.

Last edited:
La Nacion video on the Corona virus. It's in Spanish and I don't understand it completely (BTW on a recent trip back to Canada when I told a Millennial I was trying to learn Spanish, she said I shouldn't do it because it was "Cultural Appropriation." Canada is absolutely nuts now...

At 8:30 the video talks about what I talked about in my first post - which Rich One says is racist.

Perhaps you may learn Spanish.
The virus originated in China. Are we supposed to pretend otherwise in order to be politically correct?

I'm more interested in the truth than in scoring 'likes'.

BTW: "discriminated a particular country/nation" is not grammatically/semantically correct. I think you meant to say "you discriminated against a particular country/nation" or more precisely "your post argument was discriminatory against Chinese". This would be correct semantically and grammatically but would be utter nonsense substantially as I have outlined in previous posts and which you have utterly failed to refute. I'm trying to give you some leeway since your first language is obviously not English but so far your arguments have been weak and non-responsive to the issues.

I understand they don't teach debate skills in Uni anymore, but try refuting some of the arguments I made in previous posts.

I mean something more substantive than "You're a RACIST!".

You persist in claiming that you were accused of posting a racist statement...! Since that was not the case, it doesn't deserve further debate. ( a closed issue on my part). All else you may assume is not pertinent.

All opinions are welcome on this Forum

Some of the conspiracy theories going around about the Corona Virus:

The theory that this came from eating bat soup or snakes seems far fetched at this point and so the conspiracy theories have blossomed.

In the Chinese blogosphere and social media is the theory that Trump initiated this, through the CIA, as part of his trade war with China.

Another conspiracy theory is that the CIA unleashed this as a way to destabilize the world economy before the US elections.

Another is that the global elites (e.g. Bill Gates) initiated this to reduce world population.

The last one I've heard is that this was an accidental release from a Chinese Weapons Lab - this would explain the Lancet figures I noted previously. This could be a weaponized virus.

Coffee chat may need to be canceled this week to halt virus spread.
Coffee Chat is NOT canceled - see forum.

But due to the upcoming epidemic we will NOT be drinking coffee - it's Fernet y Coca para Todos.

However, 90% of the employed at supermarkets are illegals, they do not travel to China unless they have a free ticket paid by immigration. ;)

however, they have a lot of relatives living in China who might want to pay a visit

The timing of the virus has been a problem for me. I guess my weekly bat soup chat won't take off now.

Back