Corona Virus May Hit Argentina Hard

When will Argentina see its first Corona Virus case?

• This week

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • This month (January)

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • After January

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Never

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters
Brazilian male 61 returned from Italy on the 21st if he did a weekend of Carnival blow out partying well time will tell. Finish prepping today I think I will.

OK, I am in the final stages of setting up my plan. Once the coronavirus arrives in Argentina I am going to do whatever I can to catch it. Once I have been infected I will refuse treatment. As I quickly go downhill I will travel by Buquebus to Uruguay. Once there I will contact Pepe Mujica and beg him (as a fellow Red) to run over me with one of his outrageously expensive tractors.

I doubt you will beat it here with the Carnivals in full swing both here and there. Interesting how the timing just could not be worse for such an event. We shall see.

America ( the continent ) and Africa are still coronavirus free, maybe it is time to ban all incoming flights and ships / cruises to the continent, I believe it is the only way to avoid it.

Argentina for sure has the coronavirus with its porous broders and his huge connection with Italy and China . In the USA they have only tested 426 people for this virus meaning that the real figures could be now in the hundreds or thousands . This is now a pandemic which will have huge economic effects and cause the demise of the Chinese economy and the value of the US dollar .

Argentina for sure has the coronavirus with its porous broders and his huge connection with Italy and China . In the USA they have only tested 426 people for this virus meaning that the real figures could be now in the hundreds or thousands . This is now a pandemic which will have huge economic effects and cause the demise of the Chinese economy and the value of the US dollar .

Why will it cause the demise of the US dollar? Doesn't the dollar usually get stronger during global crises due to investors parking their money in t-bills?

Omg guys , the plague, the plague!! It's happening again!!

"The carts, called “dead carts,” came to the pits at night piled high with corpses, until the pits could hold no more. They came at the rate of as many as 400 bodies a week. The rule was that once the corpses reached within six feet of the surface a pit should be closed. "

[QUOTE="
Why will it cause the demise of the US dollar? Doesn't the dollar usually get stronger during global crises due to investors parking their money in t-bills?
[/QUOTE]

Sorry China is the largest owner of US debt and if they call for this up the us dollar will be seriously affected ..

Most economist think that even if the Chinese dumped all their treasuries it wouldn't have much of a long term effect on the market, besides temporarily higher interest rates. Dumping their treasuries would be considered a hostile act that would be met with economic retaliation by the US. It wouldn't be in their best interest to do so.

The dollar would tank if China and other countries and investors decided not to buy treasuries in the future.

As long as t bills are viewed as the most "risk free" place to park your money, the dollar will continue to be strong during crises. I'm sure that will change at some point, but in the short term there are no viable alternatives.

Like it or not, the USD is where it's at when the peso dives into the toilet.
With worthless pesos, what else is there HERE?

BTDT

Iz

There's no "treatment" I know about. On the plus side, the mortality rate is only 2%. And if memory serves, only around 20% of those infected are showing symptoms of sickness. You will (most probably) eventually recover
Agreed, but the 2% mortality rate depends greatly on the availability of expensive emergency equipment & plenty of medical personnel, once health services are over saturated that 2% quickly climbs o around 5% or higher. Just something to keep in mind while the dammed thing doesn't decide to mutate into a more deadly form.

Back