Corona Virus May Hit Argentina Hard

When will Argentina see its first Corona Virus case?

• This week

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • This month (January)

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • After January

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Never

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters
Impossible to enforce the quarantine for people coming from Europe or the USA.

The only way is to refuse them entry, like some country in Europe already did.

Chlorhexidine doesn't work either.
First the good news of the day per Wikipedia: As of 10 March, no case of local transmission had been reported. Total reported cases: 19

Further to the topic of sanitizing hands and what to use: washing hands with soap and water is highly effective and highly recommended - the power of simple soap and water quite impressive;
2nd highly recommended comes hand sanitizer with alcohol solutions where the alcohol is between 60 to 95% (which leaves out using Vodka or whisky, e.g..) and other hand sanitizers as well; after that comes possibly the domestic Argentina product Pervinox.
I'm going to continue to use until I can make my own:
The hand sanitizer is often more convenient. "We are a lazy society — no one wants to sit around for 20 seconds and wash their hands," Dr. Agus said. Plus, sinks are usually located in bathrooms, requiring users to touch a doorknob — and risk becoming reinfected — to exit.
Possibly the best solution is a hand sanitizer you can make yourself, put it in a convenient size, transports easy, cheap plus a small pack of tissues: The Formula is:
  • 2/3 cup of rubbing alcohol
  • 1/3 cup aloe vera gel
  • 5-10 drops of essential oil (optional)
  • Mixing bowl
  • Spoon
  • Funnel
  • Two-ounce spray bottle or liquid soap container
Cheers!

In a nearby Cañitas building there are three people who returned from Italy and Spain last week. They are supposed to be quarantined, but according to the janitor they go out as usual.

So much for quarantines.

Print out the headlines and tape it to the front door / window of the Cañitas building perhaps? Best defense is a good offense.
They do know they should be in quarantine - the janitor reminded them of it, and was told they will do as they please because they are "all right".

My neighbor reported them to the authorities. Let's see what happens

Where should I look for Pervinox for hands? At farmacy?

Don't pay attention to the brand name. Anything that is called "Alcohol en gel" or "Higienizador de manos" with ~70% alcohol will work.
If you can not find any, in some farmacies you can still buy 96% ethanol (alcohol etilico) and try to make hand sanitizer yourself.

Last edited:
Back