Corona Virus May Hit Argentina Hard

When will Argentina see its first Corona Virus case?

• This week

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • This month (January)

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • After January

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Never

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters
Thank you for the comments on how to handle the currency. I am primarily a cash-and-carry customer when in ARG. From now on my method of choice will be to quarantine in a separate ziplock bag the stacks of bills obtained at each WU transfer. They will stay "isolated" for a couple of weeks before I handle them again. I will disinfect the coins with alcohol. Ultimately it is the frequent washing of hands and sanitizing with alcohol products which will diminish the spread of contamination.

Last edited:
First confirmed case in Maldonado Uruguay well there goes the Easter tourism. That brings URU to 8 known cases next level of isolation kicks in now. Thank God I have all need or want for some time. In this situation to many of the locals are dangerously uneducated relating to hygiene or how to not spread whatever they might have to one another.

Argentina up to 56 Chaco with I believe one new case that resulted from community spread most likely the guy that came back from Italy I would guess.

One day at a time.

Then, flying to Everett Wa- the "epicenter" of doom. Nobody on the plane wearing a mask, no screening or thermometers at the airport. Its a small airport, probably 200 people coming and going at 7 on a weds night- and, of those, maybe a dozen wearing masks.

Driving across rural Washington, no burning piles of corpses, no big red "C"s painted on doors, no apparent plague prepping going on. Possibly a bit less traffic on the freeway- I think fewer people are driving the hour and a half from where I live, to Seatlle, and, today, I will go shopping in my local small town, and I expect to see 10% to 20% less casual browsers than usual.

But in general, my report from Washington State is that, sadly for all you Walking Dead fans, the zombie apocalypse has not hit yet.
Will keep you posted, as we spiral into the stage of bulldozing thousands of bodies into lime pits, which, no doubt, will come Next Week, just like the previews on TV show.

Ries do you still believe this is being overhyped by the media? I have family in the US and I'm quite concerned for the 60+ ones.

I'm currently in south texas and everything is pretty much normal. The grocery stores are sold out of most stuff but there's no other major changes.

Thank you for the comments on how to handle the currency. I am primarily a cash-and-carry customer when in ARG. From now on my method of choice will be to quarantine in a separate ziplock bag the stacks of bills obtained at each WU transfer. They will stay "isolated" for a couple of weeks before I handle them again. I will disinfect the coins with alcohol. Ultimately it is the frequent washing of hands and sanitizing with alcohol products which will diminish the spread of contamination.
Good idea, but what do we do with the change we get after buying something?
`

Argentina up to 56 Chaco with I believe one new case that resulted from community spread most likely the guy that came back from Italy I would guess.

One day at a time.

I understand that person had been in contact with someone recently returned from Europe

So far, no community contagion. But it will come, eventually

Back