Corona Virus May Hit Argentina Hard

When will Argentina see its first Corona Virus case?

• This week

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • This month (January)

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • After January

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Never

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters
I just think it's irresponsible for people to go around claiming that this is nothing more than a cold or flu when death rate is much higher for coronavirus.
I agree completely with this and I don't understand why some people having a problem giving this virus its due respect. We can draw parallels with previous flu pandemics (common cold is just another ball park not worthy of discussion) but not for happy reading. Past flu pandemics show us how bad COVID-19 really could be. A Spanish flu type outbreak would still leave tens of millions dead.

This was just publised.

For those who are interested it's an expert analysis of the data and trends looking at how different types of social isolation policy relate to potential health system over capacity.

It's both grim and sobering reading, about 20 pages but well worth it.

Cheers!

The UK government has considered the expert advice, WHO data, etc, and seem to have now settled on the following policy:

Well given the news this AM and having forgot to fill the car with gas as another just in case decided to do so and pick up some additional USD. Went to a secluded location near Jose Ignasio 2 people one car just like I would expect and want right now. Went into the gas station walked over to the ATM and had a not so much surprised encounter, the ATM was opened and the money box taken out. Talked with the cashier and he tells me the bank truck came grabbed the money box and left. My guess, USD is on its way to lock down here. Concerned I went to another ATM that only has pesos and was able to make a withdrawal. LOL the looks I get wearing gloves and all.

Expat claimed there were some racial elements for people being concerned about this virus.

I probably shouldn't have said that, I'm sure expat tree is perfectly nice person. I just think it's irresponsible for people to go around claiming that this is nothing more than a cold or flu when death rate is much higher for coronavirus.

22,000 – 55,000 deaths are according to cdc.gov, do your homework people... notice there a 2k uptick in the numbers from my previous post, that's because they modified it themselves, not me, and it's more than i thought it was. Also keep in mind that the chinese did not build 2 giant hospitals like the media says, stop listening to short stupid news videos and go read multiple sources instead. They built 2 massive concentration centers with limited amount of quarantine rooms, their objective was to isolate as many people as possible as quickly as possible in order to eliminate the spread of the virus and therefore stop the panic and restart their economic dynamism. to the chinese authorities economic output is of utmost importance, not death toll, they couldn't care less about people dying, in fact they are happy to reduce their aging elderly population, the reason for which they put 400 millions people on house arrest at the peak of the outbreak, to their own devices.

what racial element? don't put words in my mouth, there is no difference who you are, we are all going to get the virus sooner or later much like we've all experienced the flu. and no, the death rate is not higher for coronavirus in comparison to the flu, just look at the numbers, The 2017-2018 flu season as an example was severe for all US populations and resulted in an estimated 959,000 hospitalizations and 61,099 deaths !!!! and nobody gives a fuck!

The 2017-18 flu season had 62,000 deaths as you say. How many people had a medical visit for the flu that year in the US - around 20million. Divide those numbers and you get .3% death rate vs 2 - 4% death rate for coronavirus

Death Rate of Flu is .3%
Coronavirus is 2 - 4%

Which part of this is are you having trouble with?

That is why it is said it's 10 times deadlier - https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...coronavirus-far-more-lethal-than-seasonal-flu

Last edited:
In conversation this morning with the lady who keeps house for a 94-year old woman upstairs she mentioned, just in passing, that she hoped she could go home soon because she had a headache and a cough...

It's out there, and I may have looked it in the eye, or worse.

Watch this space.

Back