Corona Virus May Hit Argentina Hard

When will Argentina see its first Corona Virus case?

• This week

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • This month (January)

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • After January

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Never

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters
The 2017-18 flu season had 62,000 deaths as you say. How many people had a medical visit for the flu that year in the US - around 20million. Divide those numbers and you get .3% death rate vs 2 - 4% death rate for coronavirus

Death Rate of Flu is .3%
Coronavirus is 2 - 4%

Which part of this is are you having trouble with?

That is why it is said it's 10 times deadlier - https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...coronavirus-far-more-lethal-than-seasonal-flu
This new virus is not only ten times deadlier, but also four times more contagious. An explosive mix.

Well I am thinking life is to short yes I am prepped but even NYC is now calling those with medical experience back to work or out of retirement. Think I just might update myself with some online learning and when/if it really hits the fan I hit the front line again. Why hide? Go do what I once and still know how to do and do it for these South Americans. Thinking about how much I have enjoyed life here might be the time to pay it back. When the it really hits the fan I am sure they will want all hands on deck. I have two that have experience. Front line is not always pretty but sometimes it is beautiful. Might be some heavy it but been there done that just never at this level.

Well I am thinking life is to short yes I am prepped but even NYC is now calling those with medical experience back to work or out of retirement. Think I just might update myself with some online learning and when/if it really hits the fan I hit the front line again. Why hide? Go do what I once and still know how to do and do it for these South Americans. Thinking about how much I have enjoyed life here might be the time to pay it back. When the it really hits the fan I am sure they will want all hands on deck. I have two that have experience. Front line is not always pretty but sometimes it is beautiful. Might be some heavy it but been there done that just never at this level.
My hat's off to you, Pensador.

Actually, a long-retired physician friend in Palm Springs is going back into battle. Eighty five, but energetic and brilliant as ever. He's exhilarated at the prospect.

This new virus is not only ten times deadlier, but also four times more contagious. An explosive mix.
There is an excellent explaination of the difference between the seasonal flu and covid - 19 in the first few minutes of this video. It´s followed by important information about the spread of the disease as well as how and why individuals need to do everything they can to help slow the rate of infection so as not to overwhelm the health care system of a country, something that has already happened in Italy.

We're seeing the numbers trend down in Korea, Japan and China. This is not the case with Italy.

Northern Asians tend to follow the rules, Italians not so much.

Italy has the kissing greetings and all those social gatherings.

Reminds me of another country...

From the Atlantic magazine a very interesting article/interview with the director of the NIH (National Institutes of Health) in Washington: https://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIw0MPql0U

His views on what could happen in the US in the next few weeks seems to me a mirror image of what could happen here.

Heads up: the second part of the article is about his faith and his friendship with now deceased British author and atheist Christopher Hitchens. No intent to proselytize: stop reading if that is something that does not interest you, even though what he says about respecting other points of view is very applicable to this forum and the world.

The 2017-18 flu season had 62,000 deaths as you say. How many people had a medical visit for the flu that year in the US - around 20million. Divide those numbers and you get .3% death rate vs 2 - 4% death rate for coronavirus

Death Rate of Flu is .3%
Coronavirus is 2 - 4%

Which part of this is are you having trouble with?

That is why it is said it's 10 times deadlier - https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...coronavirus-far-more-lethal-than-seasonal-flu

here, this may help you a bit, hopefully.

here, this may help you a bit, hopefully.

Why are you downplaying the threat of this virus Expatotree?

I do not know any flu that kills 475 people in a day in a country of the population of Italy . These figures are at least 16 times worse than a normal flu season

Back