Cost Of Living Comparison By Expatistan

Point of view could be different among expats about that one. I think quite the opposite (easier to live on a lower budget in NY or Paris)...

I'm guess I'm on the Nac y Pop budget, frenchie. I couldn't even pay the rent in NYC for what I live on monthly here (of course I already own my apartment here, which helps).

They are using the Blue Rate. An example comparing to Equador (which uses the dollar):

1 liter (1 qt.) of whole fat milk
$1.08(ARS $8.84)
ARS $5.98

They are using the Blue Rate. An example comparing to Equador (which uses the dollar):

1 liter (1 qt.) of whole fat milk
$1.08(ARS $8.84)
ARS $5.98

Except we all are wrong since prices are entered by members/visitors (upon first impression), so some will use the Blue rate while some others won't.

Here is how much an apartment cost (first is Equador, second is BA)
monthly rent for a 85 m2 (900 Sqft) furnished apartment in expensive area of the city $421(ARS $3,440) ARS $4,831

Can anyone rent me an 85 m2 furnished apartment in Recoleta or Palermo for $4,831 a month?

It's telling me the cost of living in Cuenca (small city in Equador) is 21% more expensive than BA. Really?

People enter prices in pesos for Argentina - so whether they changed their dollars at Blue or not is irrelevant.

Property in nice neighborhoods is now selling between $2500US - $3000US. Compare that to the property prices in your favorite major metropolitan city.

GS_Dirtboy, you can buy a property here for $3K? That's what I'm paying for rent :) Should have bought the damn thing.

Does this take into account the average wage?

If not its not really that relevant to anyone who is working and living here for real.

Back