Cost Of Living

Robert Frost said -
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

T.E. Lawrence was more direct -
All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, waken to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible. This I have done.

My advice is, be a dreamer of the day. Go for what you want while you are young, fight your way to it if you must. Because if you tell yourself you'll do it later, after you've finished college, blah blah blah, you will wake up one day to find that you have grown old, and the chains of your bondage to everyday humdrum existence have grown comfortable through long use.

I like your advice though I must also comment I have met "CEO"-s of 1 person-companies without an income (who proposed if I would want to work for them for "the experience" instead of for money) who are obviously getting nowhere because of too much self-love.

Follow your dreams, yet at the same time do not get lost into them. Keep your expectations low, that is another key to happiness.

You ain't seen nothing yet. If you are coming to Buenos Aires, expect that EVERYONE is going through an identity crisis and is extremely rude to you and will treat you as a child and will bully you. Especially since you are a woman. Man will see you as an object and women will see you as a rival. Though judging your assertive reaction, you might just fit in.
Yeah thanks, I stand up for myself, yes I am assertive and I am proud to be so.

If everyone hates it so much there...why do you all live there?

Various Reasons :-

aa) Married to /in relationship with local people. The locals aren't ready to go back with them to their home countries.
bb) Have children here. The government does not allow the childrent to leave the country without consent of both the parents
cc) Criminals, hiding from act of law to prevail on them in their home countries
dd) Losers, who lead nasty lives back home and life here is actually better for them
ee) Earn in US$ and exploit the blue dollar exchange rate to their advantage
ff) Actually love the country and what the country has to offer. Enjoying the lifestyle here and the good things this country has to offer.
gg) Came here chasing dreams but with a one way ticket. Do not have funds to buy a return ticket
hh) Too lazy to pack suitcases and actually move their damn asses

==
ii) Some people posting here want to live here but can't ; so angry that you plan to move here, before them. Trying to stop you.
ii) Some people posting here, are Argies disguised as expats, angry that a expat actually finds their country attractive enough to wanna live here

Everyone you meet here is fighting his/her own battle, you know nothing about.Please,try to be kind to them.I hope this helped in replying to your query, young woman.

Various Reasons :-

aa) Married to /in relationship with local people. The locals aren't ready to go back with them to their home countries.
bb) Have children here. The government does not allow the childrent to leave the country without consent of both the parents
cc) Criminals, hiding from act of law to prevail on them in their home countries
dd) Losers, who lead nasty lives back home and life here is actually better for them
ee) Earn in US$ and exploit the blue dollar exchange rate to their advantage
ff) Actually love the country and what the country has to offer. Enjoying the lifestyle here and the good things this country has to offer.
gg) Came here chasing dreams but with a one way ticket. Do not have funds to buy a return ticket
hh) Too lazy to pack suitcases and actually move their damn asses

ii) In reality they do not live here
jj) Can not find a job anywhere else

Another thread about the cost of living. It's like Groundhog's Day.

I suggested to the monitor that we have a special place to post the latest prices and where to find things so people can just look it up there. Maybe this time they'll listen.

Back