Could Milei win in the first round?

He can rule by issuing presidential decrees / Decretos de Necesidad y Urgencia.

He cannot do everything by decree (executive order). Sorry, It won't be enough to fulfil his cynical agenda. Furthermore, he has a lot to consider. Should 'this guy' get out of hand, we'll just stop the country..... It won't be as easy for 'this guy' to govern, should he win, as people think.....

Just enforcing existing current laws our country will be so much better, "this guy" if elected doesn't need much help to start with that as he promised.

He can rule by issuing presidential decrees / Decretos de Necesidad y Urgencia.
All those pandemic decrees were a dangerous precedent for the global left to set. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

On the theme of wagers, I made an offer on a property today contingent on Millei winning in the first round. Not really a wager, more of a call option, but still. If this works out I'll frame it.

Should 'this guy' get out of hand, we'll just stop the country..... It won't be as easy for 'this guy' to govern, should he win, as people think.....
Have you stopped the country before? Who are "we" in this sentence? We, the guys who block the autopista to Ezeiza from time to time and then get dispersed by police shooting rubber bullets?

Should 'this guy' get out of hand, we'll just stop the country..... It won't be as easy for 'this guy' to govern, should he win, as people think.....
Or maybe the Noqui 'working' at the ministries that didn't work during the pandemic but still got paid now 'work' every other week with full pay.

Have you stopped the country before? Who are "we" in this sentence? We, the guys who block the autopista to Ezeiza from time to time and then get dispersed by police shooting rubber bullets?
How long have you lived in Argentina and how much do you know??? Have you ever heard of the gremios and the sindicatos?

How long have you lived in Argentina ...
Long enough.
Have you ever heard of the gremios and the sindicatos?
So, you're a self-proclaimed spokesperson for the trade unions, huh? If you guys are strongly opposed to Milei and so powerful, why don't you prevent him from being elected in the first place? Why wait until after the elections?"

Just enforcing existing current laws our country will be so much better, "this guy" if elected doesn't need much help to start with that as he promise'

The problem is, enforcement, again, I keep telling people, he is not a tsar, and 'this guy' has to be likeable in order to get others to work for him....
Long enough.

So, you're a self-proclaimed spokesperson for the trade unions, huh? If you guys are strongly opposed to Milei and so powerful, why don't you prevent him from being elected in the first place? Why wait until after the elections?"
No, I am not a spokesman, I just know the power they wield, and how effective it can be. Milei has not won, and probably won't.

Back