Country Life In Argentina: What's It Really Like?

Steven that's the problem with looking at property. It wouldn't surprise me if you made an offer on that beautiful place.
Nancy

Steven that's the problem with looking at property. It wouldn't surprise me if you made an offer on that beautiful place.
Nancy

I would if I could! Fortunately, I am very happy with what I have.

I suggest that anyone who likes this property and is in a position to buy it get there as fast as possible with $10K (USD) and make an offer to reserve the property. I doubt the seller has much room to negotiate. The $145K price is in the listing by the real estate agent. it is $5K less than what appears to be the owner's ML listing. The value is there. This property could not be duplicate at anywhere near this price.

I have an expat friend in Mar Del Plata who speaks very good Spanish and is very experienced buying and selling property in Argentina (in case a trustworthy translator is needed).

Here are additional photos of the property:

ATTENTION HYBRID!!!!! THIS ONE'S FOR YOU!!!!!

http://inmueble.merc...-los-padres-_JM

9000 m2 property near Mar Del Plata, 200 m2 house, $145k USD, lots of trees, tennis court, fountain, swimming pool...ASIAN ACCENTS (and ready for more)!!!!

I instantly fell in love with this property. Given your tastes and budget, I seriously doubt you will ever find anything that will beat it for value and location!!!!

The price may be negotiable, but it is also a possibility that this property would have been priced 25-30% higher (in dollars) four or five years ago.
steveinbsas-san, thank you very much for the continuous infos. So where is it located again. Mar de Plata region ?

steveinbsas, thank you very much for the continuous infos. So where is it located again. Mar de Plata region ?

You are most welcome, Hybrid san.

If you click on the link you will see more information, including the fact that it is in the Zona Sierra De Los Padres sobre Routa 226. I was telling a friend about the property this morning and couldn't remember the name of the area. When I said "sierras de algo" he immediately said "Sierras de Los Padres" and indicated it is a nice area.

The area must also be relatively safe. One of the first things I noticed in the photos was the absence of bars on the windows. I also noticed the words "vigilancia privada" in the description. I am sure this comes at an additional (monthly) cost, but it's undoubtedly worth it.

You may never find anything else like this at anywhere near this price, especially in the Mr Del Plata area. The asking price is far below (tens of thousands of dollars) the replacement cost. If you decide to buy it, please be sure it has an unencumbered title with up to date "informes" (reports).

When I bought El Rancho Escondido (my present location) I actually made a "full price offer" contingent on the sale of my apartment in Capital Federal within 60 days. I paid $2000 USD as a non-refundable deposit which was eventually applied to the purchase price (which had been reduced by $25,000 USD a week prior to my offer). The original price was still visible in a couple websites, so I did not "dicker" with the "highly motivated" seller. (Over the years I've found that giving others what they want is a very good way to get what you want.)

I am even happier with my home today than the day I arrived. The quinta in Mar Del Plata is the first property i have seen since then that I like as much as mine, but I would not have been in a position to buy it four years ago, assuming the price would have been closer to $200K UDS and it would not be as good a place to "Go Galt" in Argentina. Nonetheless, Mar Del Plata is undoubtedly a better place to sit in the world's best massage chair and watch the world's best TV (a priority fir Hybrid san).
emo32.gif

Steve, how are the asados and carne out there? Have you had an invite to a campo asado. I have heard they are the best and the meat is out of this world as the farmers pick the prime beef. One thing I will say the beef was better in Argentina but don't tell the Uruguayans I said that.

I have to see and savour this fabulous way of the real Gaucho beef asado ! Wholy cow,! a half cow splitted and being roasted against an open fire. This asado must be superb tasting !

52044_super_asado.jpeg

If I remember correctly, a few images of "container houses" were posted in one of the threads about alternative (and competitively priced) construction methods.

I am considering using a container as a bodega on the back half of my property after I am finished converting the present (brick and mortar) bodega into a guest house.

A modern style home similar to the ones in the images below could be "assembled" on the land next to mine (or almost anywhere), and it should even be possible to construct a reasonable facsimile of Le Corb's Villa Savoye (my favorite for the lot next to mine) at a much lower cost than building with bricks and cement.

These images appear in the ML listing of a builder of container homes in Argentina:

casas-containers-13631-MLA20079630568_042014-O.jpg

casas-containers-13678-MLA20079630630_042014-O.jpg

http://servicio.merc...-containers-_JM

Hello Hybrid Ambassador, Steve and Friends,

I have lived in the Traslasierras in the Province of Cordoba for about five years now, and find it to be one of the most beautiful regions imaginable. The Valley of the Traslasierras is the area between Mina Clavero and San Javier, more or less. Whereas it is a tourist destination in the summertime, it is much less traveled than Villa Belgrano, for instance on the other side of the mountains, or Carlos Paz, near Cordoba, City. The expat community is small; however, there are folks from various countries, German, French, Swiss, English, Scottish and American, some recent residents, and others who have been here for generations. There is a dedicated commitment to organic food and farming here, and many spiritual retreat and healing centers and spas of all kinds. Each hamlet has it's own "personality" or "flavor"-- Villa Las Rosas, Los Hornillos, Las Calles, Mina Clavero, Los Pozos, San Javier, and the landscape differs from township to township as well. On Saturdays all year long there is a wonderful crafts and food fair in Villa Las Rosas, and in the summer it happens on Thursdays too. Everything you can imagine---from homemade goat cheese to hand spun and dyed wools, silver jewelry, bookbinding, and organic vegetables and plants, plus a plethora of food stands, including Paella! Villa Las Rosas is, actually filled with roses of every variety, lining the roads, blooming in the plaza. Many of the small villages in the area retain their original character, thus it's like going back in time 50-70 years. Horses often are the mode of transportation as well as cars. My fantasy was to ride into town on horseback to buy milk, wearing a poncho and a wide brimmed black hat, and I fulfilled that image! There are gaucho festivals several times a year, and other fairs and event, the Festival of the Potato, of the Garlic, of the Goat. Many Porteños have moved up here from Buenos Aires, and continue to come to live the dream of a back-to-the-land kind of life, or to have a country place for the summer months. I lived in Buenos Aires for some 7 years--and enjoyed it in so many ways-- but then I discovered the Traslasierras and felt irresistibly drawn to the place. The more I visited the more I liked it.

I have two properties, two pieces of land that I wish to sell. One is 2HA and the other is 8000m2. It was one parcel of 2.8 HA, and I divided them into two parcels. The parcel of two hectarias has a small house, 50m2 in need of restoration. The land is mostly open and has a small wooded hill in the back, with native trees and fruit trees. There is municipal water, and electric service. Plus hours of watering rights are available. (horas de vertiente) The smaller parcel of 8000m2 is also open with some beautiful old trees at the back. There is an old well that could be restored. The entire piece of land, 2.8 HA is fenced. But needs to be fenced to separate the two parcels. The land is very private although it is three minutes from the plaza of Las Calles. The access to the land is easy too. Survey plans are available. The views are spectacular. Gorgeous. Ever-changing with the moods of the seasons. The land is perfect for organic farming. Previous owners grew tobacco and corn. I hear that alfalfa is an excellent cash crop. I am told that my land has the best, most fertile soil. My neighbor has a blueberry farm. Also it's a splendid place to raise or have horses. I have two horses and a burro.

Here are links to the listings with a real estate agent, with photos:
http://edificarinmob...ermoso-paisaje/
http://edificarinmob...sta-panoramica/

And now for the strange part: The land, both parcels have what is called "Derechos Posessorios", or "Rights to Possess" (the property.) But no Deed. No "Escritura". Unimaginable, I know. I was really taken aback when I first heard that but then a lawyer friend and other friends explained that many if not most of the properties in the province are is this state. In order to get a Deed you have to have the land surveyed by a certified surveyor, then do what is called a "Juicio de Usucapion", which is a lawsuit which establishes a Deed for the property. The price reflects the state of "Derechos Posessorios". With Deeds the properties would be 30% higher.

They are priced as follows -- Parcel 1 : 2HA $140,000 usd - Parcel 2: 8000m2 $45,000.usd

If anyone has questions, or interest, or if you want more information about living in the Traslasierras, please send me a message!

G
------

Attachments

• DSC_0012.jpg
    DSC_0012.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Terreno #1 & 2 - atardecer, sierras.JPG
    Terreno #1 & 2 - atardecer, sierras.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Terreno #1 - las sierras desde el monte..JPG
    Terreno #1 - las sierras desde el monte..JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 20
  • terreno #1 - La casa. .JPG
    terreno #1 - La casa. .JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 18
The English version of land for sale: _El terreno de 8.049 m2,_ has a brokerage fee of 5% ? But the Espanyol version has none?

Then you have to to create own "deed" ? Hmmm, unknownst territory to my knowledge, better looking elsewhere terra.......

Besides, the bare 2 Ha rough land cost same as the property shown by steveinbsas-san and has a nice house on it already !

Back