COVID-19 vaccine development pipeline gears up

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was an unpleasant projection in this article: "Its differential characteristic is the use of two different adenoviruses to generate the antibody response....That allows researchers to expect up to 70-80% effectiveness, against 30-50% of others in the race." I was rather hoping for 100%.

Downer, but in truth I had actually expected (but hope for better) something along the lines of the annual weakly-effective flu shot. Something that might make a difference is that one can be tested following injection for Covid antibodies. At least you will know where you stand - maybe. We're never tested after a flu shot and I don't know if it would profit if one could be. I like your red hat.

I would like to see a breakdown of those who have sadly died as a direct result of having the virus......especially things like age and health issues pre virus. I still haven't seen any evidence that shows fit and healthy peple have been dropping like flies....quite the opposite in fact.

Downer, but in truth I had actually expected (but hope for better) something along the lines of the annual weakly-effective flu shot. Something that might make a difference is that one can be tested following injection for Covid antibodies. At least you will know where you stand - maybe. We're never tested after a flu shot and I don't know if it would profit if one could be. I like your red hat.
Interesting. What you suggest could be one of the next R&D projects initiated after large-scale vaccination campaigns have occurred utilizing these first-generation vaccines.

I would like to see a breakdown of those who have sadly died as a direct result of having the virus......especially things like age and health issues pre virus. I still haven't seen any evidence that shows fit and healthy peple have been dropping like flies....quite the opposite in fact.
Table 3. Conditions contributing to deaths involving coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), by age group, United States. Week ending 2/1/2020 to 10/31/2020.*

3 November 2020
Their technical director speaks. Russian vaccine in Argentina: the mysterious San Isidro laboratory that will act as a “bridge” between the Russians and the Government....

UPDATE:
7 November 2020
Alberto Fernández: "In December we could vaccinate 10 million people"....

....Fernández, who yesterday had an "extensive talk" with his Russian counterpart , Vladimir Putin, for the provision of 20 million doses of vaccines, anticipated that the vaccine would be ready by the end of the year. And he added that the agreement, if it is concluded, will be state to state, without any laboratory as an intermediary....

6 November 2020
....Fernández explained that Argentina is still in talks with other pharmaceutical firms whose vaccines are also in Phase III of testing.
"We could vaccinate 750,000 people with the Pfizer vaccine – which could be in Argentina by December – and we could have the AstraZeneca and Oxford [University] vaccine as of March," he said. He also noted that "one of the Chinese vaccines” was also a possibility.

29 October 2020
30 October 2020
Coronavirus 20A. EU1: Fernán Quirós' warning about the possible impact of the new strain growing in Europe
The Minister of Health of the City of BA, Fernán Quirós, referred today to the new strain of Covid-19 that is spreading in Europe, 20A.EU, when warning how its spread in Argentina can be avoided and what prevention measures can be adopted from now on. In addition, he explained why this second wave of the disease occurred with such virulence in countries that are currently going through the autumn and with a large number of cases....

6 November 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back