COVID-19 vaccine development pipeline gears up

Status
Not open for further replies.
In addition....
16 December 2020
Ginés González García, on Pfizer: "They asked us for unacceptable conditions"
....When asked about the delay in signing the agreement, González García explained: "I have every hope of finalizing the agreement with Pfizer, but what I must not stop saying is that it was one of the first institutions with which we started the negotiations. It was the first that the President received when he announced that the Phase 3 study would be done in Argentina. It was done in a State institution, such as the Military Hospital. All this, beyond the difficulties that everyone knows that it has that vaccine. The -70 degrees. We have even tried to adapt the logistics for places that could have that vaccine at that temperature. "

"In the negotiation, they asked us for a law that would give them security and that law was passed in Congress. Later it appeared in the negotiation, they always said that it was not the local people, but their US central that said it was not enough and that a new law had to be made," assured the minister. "In addition, they asked that the contract not be signed by me, but by the president. That is, in truth, they are unacceptable conditions. We asked them last week to review those circumstances. Argentina's priority is to have the vaccine from Pfizer, as well as all other vaccines. "...."Even so, we accepted that they arrive in February. There is a request from the Argentine government to finalize the negotiation, which is not closed."....

Last edited:
In addition....
16 December 2020
Ginés González García, on Pfizer: "They asked us for unacceptable conditions"
....When asked about the delay in signing the agreement, González García explained: "I have every hope of finalizing the agreement with Pfizer, but what I must not stop saying is that it was one of the first institutions with which we started the negotiations. It was the first that the President received when he announced that the Phase 3 study would be done in Argentina. It was done in a State institution, such as the Military Hospital. All this, beyond the difficulties that everyone knows that it has that vaccine. The -70 degrees. We have even tried to adapt the logistics for places that could have that vaccine at that temperature. "

"In the negotiation, they asked us for a law that would give them security and that law was passed in Congress. Later it appeared in the negotiation, they always said that it was not the local people, but their US central that said it was not enough and that a new law had to be made," assured the minister. "In addition, they asked that the contract not be signed by me, but by the president. That is, in truth, they are unacceptable conditions. We asked them last week to review those circumstances. Argentina's priority is to have the vaccine from Pfizer, as well as all other vaccines. "...."Even so, we accepted that they arrive in February. There is a request from the Argentine government to finalize the negotiation, which is not closed."....
How it is an issue that Alberto sign the contract (who generally thrusts himself to the front of most issues and signs many contracts) or the government change a law (similar to what they already did to protect the drug companies some months ago) smells like smoke to me. Pfizer probably just asked for dollars up front when the government can get another in roubles with cuotas sin interés.

How it is an issue that Alberto sign the contract (who generally thrusts himself to the front of most issues and signs many contracts) or the government change a law (similar to what they already did to protect the drug companies some months ago) smells like smoke to me. Pfizer probably just asked for dollars up front when the government can get another in roubles with cuotas sin interés.
16 December 2020
Alberto Fernández pays in political credibility the disagreements of Minister González García with Pfizer. The head of the Health portfolio is in the sights of the President for his negotiation strategy with the United States pharmaceutical company and his latest statements assuring that the Russian vaccine Sputnik V will not arrive in Argentina in 2020....

....The minister ignored two key considerations: he never revealed why Pfizer wants a new law and neither did he explain why they require Alberto Fernández's signature. The US company seeks another initiative to define responsibilities regarding the cold chain and they want the signature of the head of state to have more robust legal security in the event of criminal trials....

....Likewise, the Minister of Health suggested that it is unlikely that the 350,000 Russian vaccines that Alberto Fernández promised before Christmas will land in Buenos Aires. That opinion of González García dislodged the official commission that is in Moscow to guarantee that the Sputnik V vaccines arrive in a timely manner....

....The Health Minister eroded Alberto Fernández's public image. He is unlikely to close the contract with Pfizer and questioned the presidential word on the provision of Russian vaccines to apply to essential workers in the final days of 2020. Two opinions, at least unfortunate, when all the alarms were turned on for a possible outbreak of COVID-19 in the City of Buenos Aires and the Buenos Aires suburbs.

So according to Putin the Russian vaccine is not good for people over 60... yet isn't this the exact risk group we spent the better part of a year under strict quarantine to protect in the first place? Isn't this the exact group that Gines and Alberto promised to take care of first? And Pfizer...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back