COVID-19 vaccine development pipeline gears up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know the latest projection for when Pfizer's or Astrazeneca vaccine will be available here?

Didn't they already skip the third phase of the Sputnik trials?

There was a third phase, but the results are not presented yet in a scientific publication. There were some press-releases published.
I guess they share the data with regulators like ANMAT directly .

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/a...-covid-19-vaccine-compare-with-pfizer-moderna

Russia hasn’t released late-stage phase III data on its vaccine; all we have to go on are press announcements...

Ahhh. The secret third phase.

I have a Russian friend that's absolutely convinced the Russians landed on the moon not Americans. I'll ask him about it

I think people who really care about it can get data from the ANMAT. I assume it is just a matter of writing a proper request, since it is a public government organization.

Besides, Ministerio de Salud will publish their vaccination results eventually.

Does anyone know the latest projection for when Pfizer's or Astrazeneca vaccine will be available here?

I'm not a scientist, but to anyone here who is...does this seem like a good idea?

If they haven't done a trial on just one dose then they don't know if it will be effective or not, correct? If it doesn't work well then they will have wasted many doses it seems. I would think that you want to follow the exact protocol that they did during the trial. But, I have no idea how any of this works.

On dose? seems more economical.... ! they could have thought about it from the beginning...!

On dose? seems more economical.... ! they could have thought about it from the beginning...!

JNJ's is one dose and could be available in February pending trial results that will be submitted to FDA in 10 days. No need for deep freeze either. Could be practical for the developing world.

The "Vizzotti Plan" to apply 20 million doses of the Russian vaccine until March was ruled out by Alberto Fernández
The President said that his Health Secretary made a mistake in suggesting an intensive vaccination program with Sputnik V and confirmed that a special aerolineas flight will travel to Moscow this week to bring 300,000 units of the second dose."

Vizzotti's statements caused surprise in Olivos, Balcarce 50 and the Ministry of Health. There is no way to access 20 million units of Sputnik V now -the first dose-, its health effectiveness is relative because it is complemented by a second dose, and the application of such a number of doses would end -in an optimistic calculation- in March of 2029.

The Casa Rosada estimates that between January 21 and March 31, about 15 million units will arrive in Buenos Aires -first doses-, and according to the Ministry of Health, until Friday, January 8, 107,514 doses (first) of Sputnik V have been applied.

That is to say: since the vaccination began on December 29, 2020, the application would have an average of 200,000 doses per month. Which implies 2 million doses in 10 months. 20 million doses - the Vizzotti hypothesis - in 100 months. And 100 months, roughly, means a little over 8 years.

The article mentioned that President and Minister of Health have ruled out the possibility of only applying one dose of Sputnik V since, unlike the Astra Zeneca vaccine, the second dose gives 75% of immunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back