COVID-19 vaccine development pipeline gears up

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 October 2020
Coronavirus in Argentina: how is the mass vaccination plan that the Government foresees by the end of the year

....While negotiating with at least five laboratories that are already in phase 3 of experimentation, González García designs a massive and mandatory vaccination plan by the end of the year for no less than 13.5 million people, among health personnel and risk groups, the first and necessary step to reach the entire population, by March 2021....
....What is defined is the obligation of every citizen to get vaccinated. "There is a vaccine law that must be complied with. And more so in this case where responsibility is individual and collective," they say from the Ministry of Health, although they do not foresee punishments or penalties for those who decide not to get vaccinated....
....But the vaccine is, of course, the great objective to revive the economy and also the spirit of the Government.

Last edited:
21 October 2020
UPDATE: 22 Oct 2020 at 7:30am....Canal Trece, interview of Dr. Nelson Castro who confirmed that "the Brazilian volunteer who died of COVID-19
was a 28 year-old physician who had been given a placebo".

What can they do to enforce this "mandatory vaccination" if refused? May be the best way to reduce the older population and their checks..

20 October 2020
Covid-19 test guide. Which ones are good, how much do they cost and where are they done?
Do I have or have I had coronavirus? It is an unknown that many Argentines have after seven months of pandemic and more than 1 million confirmed cases in the country. Those who want to clear up that doubt, find themselves with a range of tests available that have different functions and that, in turn, have a different capacity to detect the disease.....

View the charts provided in the article.....

Written with the advice of:
-Pablo Scapellato, member of the Sociedad Argentina de Infectología (SADI) and Chief of the Infectology and Infection Control Unit of the Hospital Santojanni.
-Roberto Etchenique, researcher at the Conicet and the University of Exact Sciences of the University of Buenos Aires.
-Marina Pifano, biotechnology advisor to the Minister of Health of the Province of BA.

There's so much Media and Government bullshit going around regading this virus I refuse to take any of it seiously. Best just to get on with your life as close to nomal as you possibly can.

29 October 2020....8:53pm
A regulation was approved in the Senate that grants legal protection to the laboratories with which the State plans to close agreements to acquire the coronavirus vaccine. Credit: Senate Press
By a vast majority, although with strong warnings and preventions from the opposition for the concessions granted to the Executive Power and pharmaceutical companies, the Senate passed the law that guarantees a virtual legal shield to the laboratories with which the State intends to seal contracts for the acquisition of the vaccine against COVID-19.
The law, which was approved by 56 votes in favor and 12 against, declares the research, development, manufacture and acquisition of the vaccine of public interest and its sanction was urgently demanded by the Government with the argument that it is necessary to locate Argentina among the countries with priority access to the provision of the vaccine....
....The ruling party closed ranks and supported the initiative without restrictions and rejected the questions launched from the opposition....

29 October 2020....8:53pm
A regulation was approved in the Senate that grants legal protection to the laboratories with which the State plans to close agreements to acquire the coronavirus vaccine. Credit: Senate Press
By a vast majority, although with strong warnings and preventions from the opposition for the concessions granted to the Executive Power and pharmaceutical companies, the Senate passed the law that guarantees a virtual legal shield to the laboratories with which the State intends to seal contracts for the acquisition of the vaccine against COVID-19.
The law, which was approved by 56 votes in favor and 12 against, declares the research, development, manufacture and acquisition of the vaccine of public interest and its sanction was urgently demanded by the Government with the argument that it is necessary to locate Argentina among the countries with priority access to the provision of the vaccine....
....The ruling party closed ranks and supported the initiative without restrictions and rejected the questions launched from the opposition....
Well.. there is a plus side to everything. If this becomes a grieta issue and the government and their supporters are first in line to receive it after shedding all legal protections, should the vaccine have a nasty consequence in the mid-long term we can blame/ thank natural selection for finishing off this endless cycle once and for all.

I for one would rather be vaccinated somewhere where I have clear legal recourses in case of issue, but above all want to be certain the vaccine I put into my body is safe rather than “urgent”.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back