Covid Vaccination Argentina

Eastern Europe?
Italy does not contradict this point. I believe for the Russians it is more interesting to look after the “European market”. But we will see to what extent they will honour the contract with Argentina ...
Yeah, first the vaccine was just bad, now it seems to be OK, but the Russians are not sending it fast enough. And the vaccination in the rest of the world is right on schedule. What's next?
I never said that the vaccine was bad. I said it was a big gamble. (I would never doubt the capability of Russian science)
Question: which other country made such high flying expectations and missed by 90%? Not to mention the pathetic show with Aerolineas Argentinas whenever they brought back 300k vaccines.
It is a well known fact, when the USA sends out the vaccines they do it to save the mankind, but when Russia or China does the same thing, it is only to maximize the political gain.
One could argue that the US as such has no state vaccine.

Apart from that, they are foremost occupied to vaccine its own population as it seems. if you look at the statistics, they are far ahead of the rest of the world (apart from uk and israel)

I believe for the Russians it is more interesting to look after the “European market”. But we will see to what extent they will honour the contract with Argentina ...
Oh, you are an expert on what Russians are interested in.

As to the contracts, does Astrazeneca honor the contract with the EU? I believe most of the contracts contain a "best efforts" clause, due to an extraordinary situation we are in. Besides, did Argentina pay in cash or just added some amount to their debts?

Question: which other country made such high flying expectations and missed by 90%?
To vaccinate 25% of population by the end of February was an unrealistic goal. Presently there are only 5 countries with >25% vaccination rate: Israel, UAE, USA, UK and Chile.

Do you expect Argentina can ever get in the top 5 countries for anything that requires efficiency?

One could argue that the US as such has no state vaccine.
Vaccination by Pfizer, Moderna and J&J vaccines is in progress in California. I believe all of them are US produced.
Russia has 2 others covid vaccines approved internally, Sputnik V is just the most marketed one.

Do you expect Argentina can ever get in the top 5 countries for anything that requires efficiency?
No. And most certainly not this government.
Vaccination by Pfizer, Moderna and J&J vaccines is in progress in California. I believe all of them are US produced.
Russia has 2 others covid vaccines approved internally, Sputnik V is just the most marketed one.
The Russian Gamaleya institute is state owned, the American producers are private corporations.

The Russian Gamaleya institute is state owned, the American producers are private corporations.

This is not unusual. About 70% of research in Russia is state funded. In the Soviet Union times it was 100% as you can imagine.
Besides, since when it is all about the direct ownership? US government is cracking down hard on Huawei, which is a private company.

Vaccination chaos in the City: the PAMI declaims the Larreta government excuses

The head of the PAMI classified as a "barbarity" the management of the Buenos Aires Head of Government in the vaccination of people over 80 years of age.

The head of the PAMI, Luana Volnovich, referred to the poor organization of the vaccination plan carried out this Tuesday in Luna Park and the headquarters of the San Lorenzo club by the city government and denied the Buenos Aires Minister of Health: "Quirós lies when he says that he called us to put vaccinations next to private centers and we refuse. I flatly deny it, we must not miss the truth."

Three million Sinopharm vaccines arrive in Argentina

The Government finally signed the contract with the Chinese laboratory. The new doses are in addition to the first shipment of one million that had already arrived in the country and that began to be applied to teachers.
The national government signed a contract with Sinopharm on Wednesday for the arrival of 3 million doses. According to official sources, it is estimated that coronavirus vaccines from China will arrive in the country from next week. Work is being done on logistical details to define the precise date of arrival.

This is the third shipment that will arrive from the Asian country, after a first flight of Aerolíneas Argentinas that landed at Ezeiza International Airport on February 25 with 904,000 doses and a second that arrived in the country on February 28 with another 96,000 doses.

President Alberto Fernández had anticipated last Monday in a television interview that a new agreement with Sinopharm was imminent. In that report, he also said he had managed "with the Russian Federation to set a delivery schedule that allows us to have vaccines every week," so it is expected that the immunization campaign in Argentina will finally be able to increase its pace.

At the moment, it is only approved until the age of 60 in Argentina. It is estimated that the authorization for people over that age will be finalized soon.
In the Asian country, for its part, the authorization occurred at the end of December, when the laboratory reported that its vaccine had an efficacy of 79%.

Sinopharm vaccine

It is an inactivated vaccine, which means that it carries a genetically altered version of the virus that prevents it from reproducing and developing the disease, but that generates an immune response in the body with protective capacity.
The vaccine requires two doses that must be given at least 21 days apart, and can be transported and stored between 2 and 8 degrees and remain stable for 24 months.

The coronavirus vaccination plan exceeded 144,000 daily applications throughout the country, according to data from the Public Vaccination Monitor, which registered an increase over this Wednesday and last Monday, and totaled 1,919,074 inoculations since the beginning of the campaign.

*For the entire list of doses by Provinces here:

View the Public Vaccination Monitor here:

Remember the time when Alberto Fernandez was showing graphs on TV comparing the number of Covid-19 cases in Argentina, Brazil, Chile and other South American countries?

He can now show how well the vaccinations are going compared to other countries:

China does not produce as much vaccine as Pfizer/Moderna, but it's not a problem for China to export it to every/any country who wants it.
Because few people inside China want it.

Back