Covid Vaccination Argentina

Remember the time when Alberto Fernandez was showing graphs on TV comparing the number of Covid-19 cases in Argentina, Brazil, Chile and other South American countries?

He can now show how well the vaccinations are going compared to other countries:

I guess you want to compare primarily to Chile. Chile has no problem putting jabs in people's arms, that part of the health system seems to have survived President Piñata and his golden circle of failures. Chile has been vaccinating since January, and the bigger question is, is the Sinovac vaccine working there? Have you see the latest covid data? It looks seriously worrying.

And it seems CABA can't even use the vaccines it was given, at most about 1000 teachers per day are being vaccinated at two sites supposedly since Wednesday 10.03, though updates are few and far between. CABA will have been the first to open schools, and the last to vaccinate teachers.

CABA complained about not receiving enough vaccines, then included the private vaccination centres in the program (if the problem is not having enough vaccines, then how does opening more vaccination centres help?). It seems that rather than move ahead with vaccinating as many people as soon as possible, CABA is playing politics with peoples' health. I expected better, silly me.

Argentina is delaying the administration of the second dose of Covid-19 vaccines for three months in an effort to ensure that as many people as possible get at least one dose amid a sluggish vaccination drive.

9zvncmyihsp61.jpg

Interesting selection of countries. No Israel, UAE, USA, UK??

"Argentina is delaying the administration of the second dose of Covid-19 vaccines for three months in an effort to ensure that as many people as possible get at least one dose amid a sluggish vaccination drive. "

I don't understand. The Sputnik is a two--part vaccine: the first and second doses are different. How can they give just half of it?

I don't understand. The Sputnik is a two--part vaccine: the first and second doses are different. How can they give just half of it?

Probably they think that even a single dose will be enough to impede severe development of the disease that require hospitalization.

Back