Covid Vaccination Argentina

In that context, there was a report in La Tercera today: https://www.latercera.com/que-pasa/...-sinovac-en-chile/IXHNN7IL3BDQHHERZLKNFGYEYM/

Highlights:
  • 67% de efectividad para prevenir Covid-19 sintomático.
  • 85% de efectividad para prevenir hospitalización.
  • 89% de efectividad para prevenir ingreso a UCI
  • 80% de efectividad para prevenir muerte.
It doesn't look too bad, though nowhere near as good as the mRNA or Adenovirus-based vaccines. I can't imagine the political pressure from President Piñata and his golden circle to produce a favourable report so it might be best taken with a grain of salt. Other reports indicated a bare 50% efficacy.

With less than 2% of the population fully vaccinated and the second half of 2021 fast approaching, I am more optimistic in the short term about news like this:

This might be interesting, particularly to those of us living in CABA and under 60:

• In the Province of Buenos Aires a citizen of 50 might be vaccinated at the end of June or, at the latest, at the beginning of July. In CABA the situation is different: a 50-year-old from CABA will receive the vaccine from him between August and September.
  • Last Sunday, the CABA Minister of Health, Fernán Quirós, said: “I believe that by the end of July we will have completed the vaccination for people at risk. Between August and September, for the spring, we will be thinking of starting to vaccinate the rest of the community”. The statement can be broken down as: in June people between the ages of 18 and 50 with previous illnesses are vaccinated, as well as the remaining people in health, education and security; in July the second doses are applied to most of those already vaccinated and in August and September those under 60 are vaccinated, without comorbidities.
[Google translation modified by me for understandability]

I see a flight to Miami coming on, only a week or so ago the indications were that I might be in line here for June.

This might be interesting, particularly to those of us living in CABA and under 60:

• In the Province of Buenos Aires a citizen of 50 might be vaccinated at the end of June or, at the latest, at the beginning of July. In CABA the situation is different: a 50-year-old from CABA will receive the vaccine from him between August and September.
  • Last Sunday, the CABA Minister of Health, Fernán Quirós, said: “I believe that by the end of July we will have completed the vaccination for people at risk. Between August and September, for the spring, we will be thinking of starting to vaccinate the rest of the community”. The statement can be broken down as: in June people between the ages of 18 and 50 with previous illnesses are vaccinated, as well as the remaining people in health, education and security; in July the second doses are applied to most of those already vaccinated and in August and September those under 60 are vaccinated, without comorbidities.
[Google translation modified by me for understandability]

I see a flight to Miami coming on, only a week or so ago the indications were that I might be in line here for June.
Is that for just the first vaccination?

Reporting in la nacion today inscription for at risk groups over 50 and others like teachers.
Something doesn’t add up if they’ve supposedly delivered 10m first doses.

Is that for just the first vaccination?
"En julio se aplican las segundas dosis a la mayoría de los ya vacunados y en agosto y septiembre se vacunan a los menores de 60, sin comorbilidades".

So, second doses would be applied in July, and in August and September under 60s without medical conditions would be vaccinated.

Reporting in la nacion today inscription for at risk groups over 50 and others like teachers.
Something doesn’t add up if they’ve supposedly delivered 10m first doses.
A lot of things don't add up here in CABA (it's how it is, no political commentary intended). Teachers haven't been vaccinated in CABA for over 2 months. The criteria change every month, you need to follow it in the wayback machine.

Another interesting development in Argentina's vaccine saga: https://www.infobae.com/politica/20...omprar-vacunas-del-laboratorio-chino-cansino/

It's the only Chinese viral vector vaccine (Ad5, like the Sputnik first dose), and it's a single dose, supposed to be around 90% effective in preventing severe cases of COVID. The article doesn't say how much will come to Argentina, just that the government is trying to get as much as possible.

It's also not yet approved by the WHO, a rolling approval process was to have started this month.

Back