Covid Vaccination Argentina

The US embassy website says that US citizens who are residents of the Province are Buenos Aires are "eligible" to get the vaccine (exact quote copied below). Does anyone know any more about this? Does this mean that US citizens are currently eligible, or just eligible to sign up to get vaccinated once their respective age group/risk group is eligible to be vaccinated in Argentina?

Additionally, according to the Government of Argentina, U.S. citizens who are lawful residents of Argentina are eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. The Government of the Province of Buenos Aires has stated that U.S. citizens who are residents of the Province of Buenos Aires are eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine regardless of their immigration status.

Yesterday the vaccination was opened at CABA for people until 45 with chronic diseases like diabetes, overweight, etc.
The only requirements are to probe your address in CABA and a certificate of your helth issue.
I incribed yesterday and I got my turno for tomorrow.

It's certainly unclear at this stage. Being now 13 minutes into June 4, I followed the link (https://www.buenosaires.gob.ar/coronavirus/vacunacion-covid-19) and the promised form to fill out doesn't seem to appear and, even if it were there, the notes about how to present for the vaccination talk about needing to bring the medical certificate that shows one to have a medical condition warranting early vaccination. Maybe later today there will be more clarity.

It's certainly unclear at this stage. Being now 13 minutes into June 4, I followed the link (https://www.buenosaires.gob.ar/coronavirus/vacunacion-covid-19) and the promised form to fill out doesn't seem to appear and, even if it were there, the notes about how to present for the vaccination talk about needing to bring the medical certificate that shows one to have a medical condition warranting early vaccination. Maybe later today there will be more clarity.
Website for "empadronamiento" is working properly this morning at 5:18am. If one has a medical condition which warrants priority vaccination, use this link: https://empadronamientocovid.buenosaires.gob.ar/vacunacondicionesriesgo18
Recordá que para vacunarte vas a tener que presentar el día del turno en la posta de vacunación, una constancia o documento que certifique la existencia de la enfermedad crónica o condición de riesgo.

Upon completion of the online form, you will receive a confirmation email:
Te confirmamos que ya estás empadronado/a en la lista de espera y nos vamos a contactar cuando ingresen a la Ciudad nuevas dosis de la vacuna para asignarte un turno.

Beware that this certificate takes about 48 hs at HA and you can apply on line if you are a socio.

The page for people in the 55-59 age group without medical conditions is there now.

Beware that this certificate takes about 48 hs at HA and you can apply on line if you are a socio.
HA didn’t do it on time but they accepted the medical prescription for studies I had.
They have Astrazeneca now.
The place at Centro Cultural Recoleta is nice and clean.

From good news to bad (given that any of us here are quite likely to get Sinopharm when our turn comes): https://www.theage.com.au/world/asi...id-spikes-in-bahrain-uae-20210604-p57y29.html

On the other hand, to my mind, there is a major gap emerging in reporting about the situation in countries with high vaccination levels. Surely continued prevalence of the virus (perhaps even increases) is to be expected precisely because the vaccines don't stop illness necessarily but merely reduce its severity and mortality. If life is going back to normal because of high levels of vaccination that means normal behaviors are returning that are riskier from the perspective of catching the virus but less risky from the perspective of causing severe illness and dying. Surely that is a good result and probably the best we can hope for. I would actually expect the trajectory to be increased contagion but reduced illness and death. Yet I haven't seen any reports to that effect about countries with high vaccine coverage; all I see are reports saying that infections are going up and that this is evidence the vaccines don't work and/or evidence that lockdowns should be reinstated. Surely a country eventually reaches a point where the number of new infections (up or down) is irrelevant and what matters instead is the number or percentage of new infections that result in serious illness and death. That is only effectiveness data about any given vaccine that interests me. Reporting that only focuses on absolute numbers of new infections in highly vaccinated populations (and people who use that data to argue for more lockdowns or delayed reopenings) seems to miss the point.

Last edited:
From good news to bad (given that any of us here are quite likely to get Sinopharm when our turn comes): https://www.theage.com.au/world/asi...id-spikes-in-bahrain-uae-20210604-p57y29.html

On the other hand, to my mind, there is a major gap emerging in reporting about the situation in countries with high vaccination levels. Surely continued prevalence of the virus (perhaps even increases) is to be expected precisely because the vaccines don't stop illness necessarily but merely reduce its severity and mortality. If life is going back to normal because of high levels of vaccination that means normal behaviors are returning that are riskier from the perspective of catching the virus but less risky from the perspective of causing severe illness and dying. Surely that is a good result and probably the best we can hope for. I would actually expect the trajectory to be increased contagion but reduced illness and death. Yet I haven't seen any reports to that effect about countries with high vaccine coverage; all I see are reports saying that infections are going up and that this is evidence the vaccines don't work and/or evidence that lockdowns should be reinstated. Surely a country eventually reaches a point where the number of new infections (up or down) is irrelevant and what matters instead is the number or percentage of new infections that result in serious illness and death. That is only effectiveness data about any given vaccine that interests me. Reporting that only focuses on absolute numbers of new infections in highly vaccinated populations (and people who use that data to argue for more lockdowns or delayed reopenings) seems to miss the point.
Anecdotally and by coincidence this morning I was talking to friends here. Their family has all be vaccinated, parents one with Sputnik (1 dose), other with Sinopharm (2 doses). Other person with Pfizer (2 doses). All received last dose at least 6 weeks ago. They all had private lab antibody tests done and were surprised that the person with Sinopharm had less than half the antibodies of either person with Sputnik or Pfizer, who both were found to have “high” levels of antibodies. That would suggest that out of these people the one with the Sinopharm would have the highest risk of getting infected, infecting others or getting seriously ill from the virus.

It’s still early days for any vaccine or vaccine program so best to be open minded about how data will evolve with time. For example, now some studies are even suggesting it’s actually beneficial to mix and match vaccines instead of getting two doses of the same in order to get higher levels of immunity. Other studies give a magic number of 75% of a population fully vaccinated to be able to overcome the pandemic and not need to worry too much about subsequent hospitalizations and deaths in both the vaccinated and unvaccinated population.

Also countries like Israel that are down to double digit daily cases or a 7 day average deaths of 1 are interesting to watch at this moment as since May Israelis have been traveling quite freely. Presumably this means they are coming into contact with various strains in Europe and elsewhere then returning home to a country where 40% of the population are still unvaccinated.

Back