Covid Vaccination Argentina

I got an invitation for a second AstraZeneca shot from the "Emergency 107" whatsapp bot.
for which day does it give you turno for? do you have an option of centres to choose. Asking on the chance they might be giving AstraZeneca first dose that day in the same centre too.

I got an invitation for a second AstraZeneca shot from the "Emergency 107" whatsapp bot.
Excellent. I was going to ask if anyone due for a second shot of AZ had been invited without having to anything to prompt it. How close to the 84th day did the message arrive?

for which day does it give you turno for? do you have an option of centres to choose. Asking on the chance they might be giving AstraZeneca first dose that day in the same centre too.
For today, August 20. It showed me only 3 options: "Av. La Plata 1770", "Av Cnel Roca 4200", "Don Bosco 4053". I guess these are the only centers where they have AstraZeneca available.

Excellent. I was going to ask if anyone due for a second shot of AZ had been invited without having to anything to prompt it. How close to the 84th day did the message arrive?
I got the first shot on June 15th. So, it's been 65 days.

For today, August 20. It showed me only 3 options: "Av. La Plata 1770", "Av Cnel Roca 4200", "Don Bosco 4053". I guess these are the only centers where they have AstraZeneca.

I got the first shot on June 15th. So, it's been 65 days.
Thanks. So they don't necessarily wait the full 84 days, and they don't give you much advance warning. Good to know.

Thanks. So they don't necessarily wait the full 84 days, and they don't give you much advance warning. Good to know.
Fernan Quiros stated this week during a live interview that the waiting period between doses will be approx 59-66 days for those of us who were inoculated with AstraZeneca during June and July.

20 August 2021
Coronavirus: Spain will donate 400,000 doses of AstraZeneca to Argentina. The shipment will arrive in the country this Sunday morning....According to official sources, they will be used to complete the immunization schedule of those who have already received the
first dose of AstraZeneca, starting with persons whose gap time has been the longest and persons 50 years or older....

....The donation comes through the COVAX mechanism and is an initiative coordinated by the Vaccine Alliance (GAVI), the Coalition for Innovation in Epidemic Preparedness (CEPI) and the WHO, with logistical support from UNICEF and the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO), in line with Spain's will to articulate a multilateral response to the crisis caused by COVID-19....However, the Gov't clarified that at the moment the AstraZeneca doses received from Spain will not be used to combine with the Sputnik V vaccine....

20 August 2021
Fernán Quirós warned that the City of BA "does not have a stock of vaccines". The CABA Minister of Health, assured this morning that the City ran out of vaccines and asked the national gov't to accelerate the distribution of doses. In that sense, he said that it is necessary to finish inoculating as soon as possible those who only received one dose and remarked that there is still not a defined time to stop using masks...

"There is a strategy within the 24 jurisdictions to distribute vaccines" but "we must distribute more intensively the vaccines that come." He also anticipated that starting next Wednesday they will summon those who have already completed 56 days of having received the first dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine so they can get the second dose....“We have to finish vaccinating those who are waiting for the second dose. The second dose provides safe protection against serious and fatal disease," reiterated the official during the report provided this morning. In this regard, he stressed that the City is complying with the Vaccination Plan as quickly as possible, to the point that "90% of adults in the CABA already have at least one dose." He also pointed out that 35% of the "porteños" already have the complete scheme. “We are speeding up vaccination a lot so that everyone has the appropriate vaccine. We vaccinate 1% of the population per day ”, clarified Quirós, although again he reiterated that they are not receiving the necessary doses. "We are waiting for more vaccines to be delivered to the City of BA"....

Last edited:
19 August 2021
19 August 2021
The combination of the Sputnik V and Moderna vaccines tripled antibody levels, according to the CABA study. It is one of the results of the two clinical trials carried out by the BA Ministry of Health to evaluate the safety and protection of the combination of inoculants....

23 August 2021
There are more than 8 million vaccines stored in refrigerators: "It is a failure of the system," said Eduardo López. The stock increased over the weekend with the arrival of doses of Sinopharm and AstraZeneca....Following the arrival of more than 1M doses over the weekend (768,000 from Sinopharm and 400,000 from AstraZeneca), there are currently 8,368,372 injections ready to be given. More than 3.5 million are in warehouses of the national gov't, the rest have already been distributed to the provinces....

Back