Covid Vaccination Argentina

Can't get past the firewall.
Here. Try this:

A lot of these articles get syndicated and a lot of the syndications aren't paywalled. It's always worth searching by article headline to see if there's an alternative source available

6 Dec 2021
6 Dec 2021
Covid-19: what are the three symptoms caused by Omicron?
The discussion on Omicron started to become part of the national agenda after the National Ministry of Health made official this Sunday, December 5, the detection of the first positive case in Argentina. In this context, the Ministry headed by Carla Vizzotti decided to endorse the use of the single-dose Sputnik Light vaccine, component 1 of the Sputnik V vaccine manufactured in Russia, in order to add a new vaccine to the national inoculation plan....

Last edited:
6 Dec 2021
....The Ministry of Health approved the "emergency use" of Sputnik Light, a single-dose vaccine against covid-19, to be used as an "independent vaccine and booster dose". "It is presented as a safe and effective therapeutic tool of access for our country to lower mortality, reduce morbidity and reduce transmissibility," said ANMAT in resolution 3451/2021 published this Monday in the Boletin Oficial and on which the portfolio in charge of Carla Vizzotti based its decision....

....Regarding Sputnik Light, the Russian Direct Investment Fund noted that, administered alone, it has 70% efficacy against infection with the Delta
variant of the coronavirus during the first three months after vaccination. Efficacy is as high as 75% in people under 60 years of age.
One of the uses to be given in Argentina will be as a booster dose against the new Omicron variant and to mitigate a possible new wave at the beginning of March
. To this end, a study carried out in the country proved that the combination of the single-dose Sputnik Light with the vaccines produced by AstraZeneca, Sinopharm, Moderna and Cansino has shown that the Russian drug can effectively reinforce immunity after the previous injections. "Each 'vaccine cocktail' combination with Sputnik Light provided a higher antibody titer on day 14 after the second dose was administered compared to the original homogeneous regimens (same vaccine in the first and second dose) of each of the vaccines," concluded the study done in-country and replicated by the Russian fund. According to the RDIF, "the efficacy of Sputnik Light as a booster (additional dose to any schedule with any vaccine) against the Delta variant for other vaccines will be close to the efficacy against the Delta variant of the Sputnik V vaccine: more than 83% against infection and more than 94% against hospitalization." ....

Updated 9 Nov 2021
....People ages 18 years and older who received a J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine at least 2 months ago should get a booster shot. A single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine has lower vaccine effectiveness compared to two doses....
Right, I'm astutely aware that I should receive a booster shot. This doesn't answer the question, which maybe i should have clarified, as to if we can receive booster shots in CABA. Does anyone know if booster/second shots are being given out to recipients of J&J who are under 30 and not immunocompromised?

Right, I'm astutely aware that I should receive a booster shot. This doesn't answer the question, which maybe i should have clarified, as to if we can receive booster shots in CABA. Does anyone know if booster/second shots are being given out to recipients of J&J who are under 30 and not immunocompromised?
To date, NOT in Argentina....
5 Oct 2021
Without official dissemination, ANMAT approved Janssen's coronavirus vaccine. J&J doses were authorized, but the measure was not communicated by the Gov't...The resolution of the drug control agency, dated Friday, October 1, 2021 states that it is granted "emergency registration". Its approval was delayed without much official explanation for ten months....So far, the Gov't has not announced contracts with the U.S. laboratory for the purchase of this vaccine....

7 December 2021
Booster doses: The members of the Federal Health Council (COFESA) agreed on the application of booster doses from the fifth or sixth month after the completion of the two-inoculation scheme, taking into account the vaccination plans of each jurisdiction....

Only for minors as far as I know, as with everything in this country: Do you have any contacts working at a vaccination center or any authority in the cities ministry of health? If the answer to that is yes, you can try asking them if they can slip you into getting an American Jab

Does anyone know if it is possible to get first and second doses of Pfizer for adults now? I see on the website that first and second doses of Pfizer are available for 12 to 17-year-olds at a couple of different locations.
16 Sept 2021....by Evangelina Himitian
Pfizer has arrived: who will be vaccinated with the North American doses by the City and the Province? The gov'ts of CABA and the Prov of Buenos Aires have adopted different criteria...as of Sept 16, the doses from that laboratory sent by the National Gov't will be used in CABA to complete the immunization of adults who only received the first inoculation with AstraZeneca, starting with those over 60 years of age and continuing with the general population....

Vaccinations (with types of vaccines available) at each vaccination center in the City: as of November 7....

My addendum: The CABA vaccination campaign cited on their website continues as of today. The City Health Ministry is eager to vaccinate all adults over the age of 18 with the recommended combination of vaccines on hand. I suggest you contact #147 to inquire about registration for the 1st dose and which vaccines are available to your age group.

Back